Please, please, please

• 11 Replies

Lynne

Please, please, please
« on: March 28, 2008, 14:42 »
Please let it be good weather next week. I am not working and husband is off work too and we want to put in our carrots, onions, shallots, first earlies dig more beds, fence off more areas etc. etc.
Lynne.

So much to do, but so little time.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
Please, please, please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 14:49 »
I know the feeling. I was out last week and got a lot done but I'm going out tomorrow to finish things off. My plot is on a slope so I've created a nice terraced effect with the beds and I need to get some more gravel board and finish the last of the beds as well as clear the remains of the old shed (which was demolished last weekend) and put up the plastic greenhouse. The forecast is for wind and rain in Glasgow.

I did plant out my carrots, parsnips, onions and the first of my potatoes (epicure) and the garlic and shallots that I planted in the autumn are coming along nicely. I could do with some colour on the plot now to brighten things up a bit.

Hazel Anne

Please, please, please
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 14:58 »
Wouldnt it be great to have a dry wind free weekend,,,,,,,i really want to get out there without getting wet and muddy.

Day off from work today so cleaned the house,done the shopping,paid the bills and wellies at the back door ready to go.

Ladybirdsmile

Please, please, please
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 15:37 »
Oh yes please let it be a dry weekend got loads to do  :lol:
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
Please, please, please
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 15:52 »
We feel the same here, Lynne. We can't wait to get started!
Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

diggerjoe

Please, please, please
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 16:29 »
i don't care if it rains tomorrow i shall go up the allotment anyway to prepare where the shed is going to go OH thinks I'm mad - we have rain forecast for sat but dry on sunday - why is always better weather when you have go to work i sit in the office thinking i could be out there now digging or planting - oh well there's always the next day :)

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
Please, please, please
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 16:35 »
No rain or wind please we have to put finishing touches to the shed and I want to plant my early potatos and possibly second earlies.  Our site is very open and even what seems like a slight breeze at home feels like it would knock you off your feet at the allotment.  Infact three of the new sheds that went up a couple of weeks ago have already blown over three times.  :shock:
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

Bombers

Please, please, please
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 16:49 »
Forecast is  Light showers spreading in from the West during the Morning, So if you want to get the spuds in you had better set the alarm clock :wink:  Should be fine on Sunday though (He say's crossing his fingers,arms,legs,eyes etc...) :lol:
Where about's in South Staffs are you Lynne?
Sunny Codsall here! :)
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

crowndale

Please, please, please
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 16:54 »
What you all muttering about?  the sun is shining here in sunny 'ull.  of course it was tipping it down all day until about half an hour ago!  Am also hoping for decent weather to get on with something, anything really!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

gardenplot

Please, please, please
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 18:20 »
Was sunny this morning but now its poring down with heavy rain   :cry:

Gwiz

Please, please, please
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 07:12 »
This is excactly the same as last year. It just tipped down for weeks early on in the year.
I'm hoping for a better summer!!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Please, please, please
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 09:55 »
It's not just the weather actually at the weekend which matters, but the couple of days leading up to it too.

Managed to get down there yesterday but Friday's rain meant the soil was sticking to the fork...  :(

Eventually gave up when it started to rain again.  :x
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 36 queries.