Pure Bliss

• 12 Replies

Peterjohn

Pure Bliss
« on: March 27, 2008, 13:32 »
Woke up this morning to see a nice blue sky, so thought I would take the day off to work on the veg patch, have rotavated all the area this morning,  have stopped for lunch will go back this afternoon and place a row off shallots, about 3 rows off onions sets and a couple of rows of red onions and 2 rows of early spuds, so this for me will be the start of the season for me. Was really nice working down there this morning with the sun shining.

Peter

naturesparadise

Pure Bliss
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 13:35 »
thats nice but have you seen the weather out look for your weekend
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Hampshire

flowerlady

• Experienced Member
Pure Bliss
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 15:44 »
:?  mine is all coverd in purple too ... gusts up to 44 mph  :(
"He who plants a garden plants happiness"

wighty

Pure Bliss
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 15:56 »
It's lovely and sunny here and have spent the afternoon in the GH moving things from the propogator to their own pots.  Singing along with the radio.  There was an item on there that said people over 41 don't like practical jokes and no longer find them funny as in the Beadle About type pranks.

kezlou

Pure Bliss
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 15:58 »
Nice just as i thought the weather was finally turning for the better.
 Gust up to 49 - 50 mph nice. :evil:
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

Hazel Anne

Pure Bliss
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 16:04 »
Sitting at work here day dreaming of being at home in my new little greenhouse!
I cant see out of a window here but know spring is around the corner as the Seagulls are jumping on each others backs above my head on the meatal roof.

Roll on the weekend and out of the heels and back in the wellies!!!!! :cry:

Peterjohn

Pure Bliss
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 16:58 »
Hi have planted the onion sets and a couple of rows of spuds, this afternoon, work done for today. Hi whighty what part of the island are you My veg patch is at Lee- on -Solent looking over to cowes.

Peter

Salkeela

• Experienced Member
Pure Bliss
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 17:13 »
Yup - great day today!  Never mind tomorrow's weather!  

Today, I've planted my asparagus (that just arrived in the post this morning) and also sat in the sun in a sheltered spot and just "planned" other spaces.  You know, one of those moments lazing in the sun resting tired muscles after a morning's work surveying the plot - these moments are just sooooo special..... and the weather was right today for one of them!

:)
Sally (N.Ireland) Organic as far as I know!

Plant plenty.  Celebrate success.  (Let selective memory deal with the rest.)

crackedflowerpots

Re: Pure Bliss
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 17:16 »
Quote from: "Peterjohn"
Woke up this morning to see a nice blue sky, so thought I would take the day off to work on the veg patch, have rotavated all the area this morning,  have stopped for lunch will go back this afternoon and place a row off shallots, about 3 rows off onions sets and a couple of rows of red onions and 2 rows of early spuds, so this for me will be the start of the season for me. Was really nice working down there this morning with the sun shining.

Peter

we are sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!
if it grows, it grows! if it doesnt ,, ah well .. there's always next year. :-)

crowndale

Pure Bliss
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 17:22 »
I did the same, looked out the window, thanked the powers that be for useless weather forecasters and went off to the plot!  bub slept for three hours so got lots done.  went home and went back after lunch for another two hours, planted two rows of spuds (anya), was going to plant onions but they'd gone mouldy (wont be putting them in compost again!), planted a row of broad bean plants this morning, finished off the rabbit proof 'cage' for them.  Dug over the rest of the 1st spud plot and made good head way on the rest of the onion bed.  all in all a good 5 hours of work, I'll sleep well tonite, here's hoing bub does too!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

wighty

Pure Bliss
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 17:28 »
I'm Lake, half way between Sandown and Shanklin so a bit east of you.  Spent many weekends in a chalet at Lee as a child.

Peterjohn

Pure Bliss
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 14:36 »
Quote from: "wighty"
I'm Lake, half way between Sandown and Shanklin so a bit east of you.  Spent many weekends in a chalet at Lee as a child.

Hi we are going of to whitwell near Ventnor for 10 days in June have hired a cottage, we can see the island from our house, but as you know the ferry price to take the car over is another ball game to keep popping over, we went over to Ryde a few weeks ago, took the hovercraft from southsea, that was a nice change. Must admit we very much like the Island, a very pleasant place.

Peter

wighty

Pure Bliss
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 17:57 »
I love it over here, moved over in '92 with ex's job.  He didn't like it but as I say I love it.  Please remember you are going to stay in Whittle, if you say Whitwell we'll know you're an overner.  The White Horse (pub) in Whitwell is one of our preferred eating places.  If you want any more info PM me.

xx
Pure manure

Started by Miamivice on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 28, 2018, 15:55
by mumofstig
clip
Autumn Bliss

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 05, 2015, 20:44
by LotuSeed
clip
Autumn Bliss

8 Replies
Last post June 10, 2015, 18:34
by Headgardener22
clip
Autumn Bliss

11 Replies
Last post August 08, 2014, 15:16
by mdjlucan

Page created in 0.463 seconds with 37 queries.