Jonsered RT5 Rotavator/Cultivator

• 5 Replies

trapper

« on: March 23, 2008, 14:04 »
Hello to all out there and a very snowy Easter to you all, I have a JONSERED RT5 ROTAVATOR, however I think the gearbox is shot !!! it won't till an contact with the ground. Have just about exhausted all avenues to find a repair manual, so i can order a new cog for gearbox, does anyone out there know where I can obtain a repair manual or any advise to rectify the problem.
Thanks in anticipation Trapper
The things I sow sometimes dont grow I'm sorley disenchanted. But oh what fun I have with stuff ,I havn't even planted.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 15:07 »
Hello,
   It would seem that Jonsered is still allied to Electrolux as with Husqvarna,etc.

Noting you location..NE of mine.... wonder if you could get some local help via local machinery agents...I wonder if Fotherby Garden Machinery Centre at Cordeaux Corner just off the A16 N of Louth might help...?? I am certain they have dealt with things Husqvarna...if not Jonsered?

Looking at the contact page on the current Jonsered uk website www.jonsered.co.uk it confirms the Electrolux/Husqvarna link..

It may be worth contacting them via the info pane on the website...certainly in general my experience, a few years ago now I might add, was that the Electrolux group companies had an obliging customer service dept..

Looking at the site though it does seem that there may be variations and that RT5 may be a general working name for your machine.??..and thus you would need to have a good scout around the tiller to track down any real product number and serial number which may be located on a plate or more likely a sticker...this would enable you to give them the full info on your machine and thus get best results in return..  

"Dori"

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 15:40 »
there you go, trapper. you can't get better than that!
good on you, Dori.

trapper

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 17:05 »
dori much appreciated never thought about serial number :oops:  :shock:  :oops: thanks

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 17:32 »
Thinking on....putting back on my parts dept detective hat that I last had on my head 16+ years ago...I should add the name Poulan to the Electrolux list....this brought AYP into the frame, American Yard Products..this leads to other brand name links etc etc...These days more than ever machines tend to come out of one big factory with individual subtle variations :wink:
 But do see if you can find out a more detailed product and serial no. from your machine and consult sources suggested to source the correct parts info etc...

all the best,
           "Dori"

trapper

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 17:51 »
Very Mucho grazias or summat like that ,essential I root out all avenues this has become a challenge to repair and laugh back at it , after all, I with a glassback need all the motorized help I can muster, and I know some of you out there would frown on mechanical aids, power to the rotavator I say , and in the mean time i will reach out for the traditional methods (fork n spade)  thanks ahain,Trapper

xx
rotavator or cultivator

Started by gorymorph on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 30, 2009, 21:25
by Bigbadfrankie
clip
Norlett Cultivator Tiller Rotavator, attachments

Started by Dopey113 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2015, 17:36
by Dopey113
xx
Petrol Rotovator Tiller Cultivator Rotavator 6.5HP

Started by Dopey113 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 11:29
by Dopey113
xx
Qualcast Cultimatic De luxe cultivator / rotavator - pulley sizes Please help!

Started by Gardener1 on Equipment Shed

67 Replies
Last post May 30, 2020, 11:08
by jezza

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 28 queries.