when can i sow my cabbige and collies

• 6 Replies

peter james

« on: March 22, 2008, 00:03 »
was just wondering is it to early to sow my cabbige and collies hear in lancashire i have a cold frame i could use . i was just thinking about when i can sow these any help  :? would be appreciated :D ...thanks p,j,

Clampit

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:27 »
Hello Peter, I'm in West Yorkshire (near Pontefract) I've put some Cauliflowers, cabbage and calabrese into seed trays in my mini greenhouse. I put them in last week, nothing sprouted as yet mind, it did say from January on the back of the seed packet but I suppose the timing differs depending on what variety you are growing.

shaun

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:40 »
yes you can sow your summer cabbage/caulis/calabrese now undercover,they dont need a lot of heat mine are in a cold greenhouse and have all came up,i sown them 2/3 weeks ago
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:40 »
Is red cabbage treated as summer or winter cabbage, horticulturally speaking?  Should these be sown soon, too (i.e. when my seeds arrive...)

I always think of eating it during the winter season but I guess that isn't really relevant!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

crowndale

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:46 »
I have sown the first and second lot, first about 4 weeks ago and the second last week, all seem to be doing well (not that the second lot have shown their faces yet!  But it'll be a good while before they go outside, haven't even dug the ground for them yet!!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

peter james

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 10:26 »
:D thanks everyone i think red cabbige are summer plants it may come down to veriaty tho  :wink: .mine were done last summer but cant remember the type .thanks again i just could'nt remember what month i did it last year it was a bit of a rush as i had just got my plot . p,j,

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:16 »
read the back of the seed packets cos there are loads of different varieties and different sowing and harvesting times  :D

Page created in 1.014 seconds with 36 queries.