Yes!

• 11 Replies

Wombat

Yes!
« on: March 05, 2008, 22:43 »
Got on the waiting list for an allotment!  It's taken 9 months due to high demand.

mumsy

Yes!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 22:50 »
Well done, now you'll be pacing :?

crowndale

Yes!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 22:54 »
you have a wait list for the wait list?!  Good grief.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Lee1978

Yes!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 23:21 »
That's great, you want to keep popping down to the plot you like and keep pestering them, that's what i done and it worked.
 :D  :D

Wombat

Yes!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 17:31 »
Could be a couple of years yet, but it's a start!

Someone at work reckons demand is so high here because Bolton has a lot of terraced housing without gardens.  At least I have a couple of small beds in my small garden plus one in a neighbour's to keep me going!

flowerlady

• Experienced Member
Yes!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 17:38 »
That's good news ... any chance of sharing one in the meantime??
"He who plants a garden plants happiness"

cawdor2001

• Experienced Member
Yes!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 22:19 »
At ours there are only a few available (about 100 plot holders on site) but when you walk around and look at them there should be loads available as i reckon about a third are not doing a lot to them, but let's not start on that old chestnut again.

Cawdor
Used to be indecisive, now i'm not so sure...

Wombat

Yes!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 20:09 »
any chance of sharing one in the meantime??

Will have to go to a couple of sites and ask.  I am really chuffed just to have got on to a list!

Alfie

• Experienced Member
    • Chester Vintage Enthusiasts Club
Yes!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 20:58 »
Funny enough, i've been on the waiting list for a plot by me for 12 months & I rang the council today ..... I'm now 27th in line. The lotty has 200 plots, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time next year ..... I might get lucky  :roll:
Graham

Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Re: Yes!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:10 »
Quote from: "Wombat"
Got on the waiting list for an allotment!  It's taken 9 months due to high demand.

Oh hiya Wombat.  I'm only down the road from you in Athy, went to school in Bolton and know the town quite well.  Whereabouts are the allotments in Bolton?  I agree, it's a very large town (the largest in Europe is it not?) with traditional Lancy housing and can see that there will be a demand exceeding supply for plots.

Wombat

Yes!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 16:08 »
There are 38 sites, with 1000 plots in total.  Nearest to me (I live about three quarters of a mile up the hill from Four Lane Ends) are Sapling Road in Morris Green and Dealey Road or Manningham Road in Deane.

From the numbers, you can see that the sites are quite small on average.  I know of 1 that has just 7 small plots.

We use the Tesco in Atherton as it's our nearest.

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
Yes!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 21:29 »
Quote from: "Wombat"
There are 38 sites, with 1000 plots in total.  Nearest to me (I live about three quarters of a mile up the hill from Four Lane Ends) are Sapling Road in Morris Green and Dealey Road or Manningham Road in Deane.

From the numbers, you can see that the sites are quite small on average.  I know of 1 that has just 7 small plots.

We use the Tesco in Atherton as it's our nearest.

Aye I know the areas you mean.  You live on the Bolton side of Lane Ends then, not the Atherton side?  That would be down the hill from where I look at it.

Tesco yes, but I also like going to the farm shop on the A6 right at Four Lane Ends.  Duck eggs, strawberries, spuds, milk, everything.

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 37 queries.