New Chicken house - pics as promised

• 20 Replies

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.traffordangling.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 23:36 »
if its done on raw wood like that AS then it sinks in, it'd take a good few coats, probably 5 or 6 looking at the wood before it'd build up so it actually could be pecked off. not disputing munty's advice, i'm just pretty well versed on varnishing wood lol.

put that many coats on an internal house door once it looked like it'd been laminated lol

shiniest door you ever did see. . . . . . . .  trust me, when varnish sets its bullet proof  :D

james419

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 08:41 »
Ok where are the mini bar and plasma TV - have studied the pics and still cannot find them,

What a luxurious home

Jealous - cannot let my lot see this - they will want to move and they dont have passports!!!!! :lol:

beki

• Experienced Member
    • http://wholesomeliving.smfforfree4.com/index.php
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 09:08 »
Don't let chooky, mabel and gertrude see this! They'd be packing up and moving in before you know it!  :shock:   :lol:

Fab house!!! Well done you  :D
Trying to live the good life.. getting there slooooowly...

Jellyhead

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 10:05 »
When are the chooks arriving then :roll:  :D Not getting impatient at all :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Lovely house, just needs residents :!: Oh and more piccies when they move in.....of course :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

alibean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 19:32 »
Well - many thanks for all your lovely comments and advice.

I shall be slapping on some preservative this weekend (perhaps a nice Sage green?) and buying food, straw etc.  (I already bought some rubber eggs - couldn't resist)

Have just 5 mins ago had an email from the lady at the BHWT and she is rescueing hens on Easter Sunday! Hurray! I am so excited I might just burst and make a mess everywhere (quick swig of red to calm me down.....)
Have emailed her back to confirm pronto.  Just need to assemble some travelling boxes.  So far I have two large boxes about 2 ft x 18ins.  Any ideas as to how much space chooks will need for a 1 hour car journey?

I think it may be fate that as I'm on a diet and won't be eating chocolate eggs this Easter Sunday I'll actually be getting real chickens instead!!!  Hubby is busy tying flies on the kitchen table and is feigning distinterest but he is excited underneath too I'm sure......

hazelize_uk

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 22:34 »
Hi we picked up our this week and they said it was better if they were 'packed' in a bit so that they didnt jiggle about and are quite used to all being together so a few small boxes is better than one big one.  They were suprisingly heavy so I dont think you would carry all 8 in one box on your own

question
Which House Pls (Pics)

Started by webwahm on The Hen House

44 Replies
Last post December 30, 2009, 10:17
by beulah59
xx
DIY Hen House..Pics!

Started by rcandy2001 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 19, 2009, 19:47
by rcandy2001
xx
Pics of house & pen - If I can get this ** thing to work!!!!!!!

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 07, 2009, 16:55
by Flowerpower136
xx
my goslings piccys as promised

Started by R66VEY on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2008, 08:24
by Vember

Page created in 0.621 seconds with 36 queries.