OH's

• 27 Replies

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
OH's
« on: March 03, 2008, 20:38 »
Sorry I'm not expecting this to be a Marriage Guidance forum as I really AM happily married, but I have to say my lovely ladies causing an awful lot of strife between my OH and me.

We've just had yet another argument about them.  It's ultimately my fault because I did just go out and get them, but we've been saying for years that we'd like to keep chickens.

Poor OH is sooooo negative about them.  He is hating the fact that they poo everywhere and want to come into the house.  He says he wants nothing to do with them but then I find him staring out of the window at them and dictating to me what I should be buying for them.  It's driving me bonkers.

(You wouldn't believe we run marriage enrichment weekends  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

muntjac

Re: OH's
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 20:42 »
Quote from: "Fifitrix"
Sorry I'm not expecting this to be a Marriage Guidance forum as I really AM happily married, but I have to say my lovely ladies causing an awful lot of strife between my OH and me.

We've just had yet another argument about them.  It's ultimately my fault because I did just go out and get them, but we've been saying for years that we'd like to keep chickens.

Poor OH is sooooo negative about them.  He is hating the fact that they poo everywhere and want to come into the house.  He says he wants nothing to do with them but then I find him staring out of the window at them and dictating to me what I should be buying for them.  It's driving me bonkers.

(You wouldn't believe we run marriage enrichment weekends  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

That is so funny!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Buy him a special bird of his own ......................................but the feathered variety....and also not like Aunt Sally with her feather boa and blue rinse!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ................................................................................................... ..............................................................................Munty runs for cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
still alive /............

NormandyMary

OH's
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 20:46 »
Perhaps you could get a cockerel and get your OH to name him. You'd be surprised how well a bit of mail bonding works!
Sometimes men are just not able to admit that they are wrong. I bet if you suggested getting rid of them, he'd say "no way", especially after getting fresh eggs for breakfast!!

mikebucks

OH
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 20:51 »
I think it is that men are just right in a different way!!

Davenports

OH's
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 20:53 »
I know where you are coming from on this.

I did exactly the same - decided to get our girls, all four of them, plus an eglu (hasten to add wasn't cheap).  Didn't tell my OH as he works abroad and normally does for 3 months at a time, so thought had plenty of time to slip the subject in  text messages etc.

He came home to find our lovely patio messed up with chicken poo and the girls having general run of the garden. Every time he went outside his shoes would get caked in it but that was two years ago!!

How did he come round - first morning home gave him a full fry up with two home grown eggs and presto. He had tto admit nothing tased better.  Since then every time he is home on his holiday he is out there cleaning them out and moving them to a new patch in the garden.  We have now enclosed them in a large run to keep our newly cleaned patio clean and we managed to catch them to clip their wings.

He is now even talking about getting more chickens and selling the eggs to passing traffic!!!

Mind you I just agree with him, keep him thinking that it was all his idea!!! :roll:

So don't give up - they are a good investment - lovely eggs, talk to you when no one else does (especially if sent to coventry by the OH and kids), clear weeds away, eat the grubs and ae fun!!!! :D  :wink:

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
OH's
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 20:56 »
Quote from: "Davenports"
So don't give up - they are a good investment

I thought you meant OH's then  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

naturesparadise

OH's
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 20:58 »
ok iv seen this OH alot what dose it stand for  :oops:  :oops:

as for your prob you have to understand the male psychology we are the hunter gathers

and you went out and got chooks from a psychology point of view you stepped on his man hood  :shock:

now thing about this is it all happens subconsiously and he wont even know his doing it thats whats so freaky about psychology

on the other hand i could be talking a load of rubbish  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Davenports

OH's
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 21:05 »
you stepped on his man hood  

Ouch!!! :shock:  :shock:

Dabhand

OH's
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 21:28 »
Quote from: "naturesparadise"

Other Half NP......

naturesparadise

OH's
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 21:35 »
Quote from: "Dabhand"

Other Half NP......

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: thank you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wildeone

OH's
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 21:37 »
ok iv seen this OH alot what dose it stand for  :oops:  :oops:  :lol:

OH = Other half ie husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend etc etc  .....  It took me ages to work them out esp IMHO = In My Honest/Humble Opinion.  There are still a few that fox me!!!  :oops:  :roll:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

Wildeone

OH's
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 21:38 »
Doh ! Well done DH beat me to it! :wink:

Wildeone

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 21:38 »

What on earth does a marriage enrichment weekend consist of?

naturesparadise

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 21:43 »
Quote from: "Wildeone"

probably latex pvc and petroleum jelly  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ill get me coat  :roll:

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 21:43 »
Quote from: "Wildeone"

probably latex pvc and petroleum jelly  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ill get me coat  :roll:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: I went straight to the naughty step before i said anything :tongue2:

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 36 queries.