Flail hedge cutting

• 1 Replies

jezza

Flail hedge cutting
« on: September 08, 2024, 07:52 »
Hello can anyone on here clarify who is responsible for clearing hedge clippings off the roads after flailing,I've asked 2 flail hedge cutting contractors this week if they can blow the clippings off the road ,not their responsibility they say it's the farmers as its their hedges ,farmer says its the contractors responsibility  as theyve put the clippings on the road ,I lost my rag with one arrogant farmer and told him if he got off his useless fat backside and used a hand held hedgecutter he could contain the clippings in the hedge bottom ,he started sputtering that it was impossible to cut 12 miles of hedge by hand ,I told him that he didnt think about that in the 1950s and 60s when he had my Grandad cutting hedges with shears and a slasher    can any one clarify who should clear the roads please    jrezza

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Flail hedge cutting
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 08:36 »
I would check with your council jezza.  Unless it is a motorway or major trunk road, they are responsible for making sure rubbish and refuse are removed from them or telling someone else to clear their mess up.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 39 queries.