Airfryers

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Airfryers
« on: September 05, 2024, 13:52 »
I have just wasted another morning looking at these Fryers.  I don't actually cook from scratch, so would one be worth it.  Looking at them seems like going through a minefield.    It seems so complicated.Are they a 5 minute wonder, will the charity shops be full of them in a couple of year.   Will they be relegated to the cupboard in the garage, etc  along with the breadmakers-  oh my head aches.    What do you think please.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Airfryers
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 07:56 »
I use mine a lot Mrs B.  It is just a simple one that cooks one thing, rather than one of the fancy double drawer ones.

It’s very good for cooking anything you would put in the oven like breaded fish or oven chips, or cooking a chicken portions or a few sausages.  I also cook ‘roasted’ veg in mine.  It saves putting the oven on for just a small amount and is quicker.

If you don’t cook from scratch, you could use it for your main and microwave a side, or the other way round.  It could help vary things and give you more options than say relying on ready meals.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 19:09 »
I think if you keep it out and take time to familiarise yourself with how to use it, then it's quite a good idea. It's just a small fan oven, essentially.

But they can take up quite a bit of worktop space, so depending on your kitchen layout that might be relevant.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 11:44 »
Our neighbours gave us their old one when they bought a fancier model so we tried it on a few things. Then, realising they weren't a gimmick, decided to upgrade ourselves.

We got this one from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3ZBNPiz
A HYSapientia® 22L Dual Zone Air Fryer Oven With Rotisserie,Large Double Air Fryer Mini Oven

Since we got it we have not used the old oven or grill. For a start it's on the worktop so no bending down. Easy to clean, efficient and fast. One fail, tried to cook a chicken on the rotisserie but it kept jamming on the heating elements at the top. OK for a very small chicken, fine for kebab type things.

Oddly not managed to fry chips well but we've a deep fat fryer for them.

I'd say go for one of the cheap machines you see in supermarkets and see how you get on but I bet you'll be upgrading in a few months as you realise how convenient they are.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 21:02 »
Ours is used 90% of the time, rarely ever now use our ovens.
The best without doubt is roasted chicken it's as good as a rotisserie,  flavour, tender, juicey and cooks in half the time as the oven used too.

Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 42 queries.