Sadness

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Sadness
« on: July 24, 2024, 13:24 »
I am going into the garden to reflect, cannot chat anymore today.   Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Sadness
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 19:53 »
Hope you're OK Mrs B
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024, 20:59 »
Has your time in the garden helped, Mrs B ?

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 22:23 »
Big hugs Mrs B, it is very sad isn’t it, I heard from another member too who has lost someone close a couple of weeks ago too. Then on Monday our gardening club’s treasurer died tragically in a car accident from what has been described as a ‘cardiac incident’. He was sent home from hospital last Wednesday after his triple or quadruple heart bypass was cancelled two hours before he was due to go down to theatre, he was told in March he was urgent and would be operated on within 3 weeks as his arteries were 90% blocked, he was 64, had no symptoms and was fit and healthy, or so he thought until his issues were picked up ‘by accident’ by a conscientious locum Dr on a hospital appointment for something completely unrelated. We are all completely shell shocked & unbelievably sad. He and his wife had become valued friends in the last couple of years and I feel cheated of his friendship so I cannot begin to feel how his family must be feeling.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2024, 21:06 »
Hello Mrs B,
I hope you are feeling a little better today. Our sadness and grief comes out of the blue and ambushes us sometimes, doesn't it? Like you, I like to go out into the garden, preferably to sit alongside something that smells wonderful, and just take some time out to reflect on all the things that I have to be grateful for. I do believe that we shouldn't bottle up our sadness, and if the tears flow, just let them. Someone once told me that it doesn't really get better, but it does get different.  Meantime we just do the best we can, we put on a brave face, but it's rather like whistling a happy tune and we hide what we are really feeling.
Thinking of you and sending you a huge, virtual hug and just to remind you that even if you sometimes feel very lonely and sad we are all here for you.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:26 »
I echo jaydig and you can pm me whenever you feel the need. Big Goosewing hugs to you as well.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 19:50 »
Know what you feel, Mrs B.

Hugs from me too.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 44 queries.