enough is enough!

• 6 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
enough is enough!
« on: May 19, 2024, 16:48 »
Spent a good hour trying to get me petrol tiller going today, stripped it down, cleaned etc and it just don't wanna play.

Had similar issue with my owd strimmer.

Gone and bought a 240v tiller, plug in and a way we go, so much easier.
Bought cordless Dewalt strimmer couple of years and not looked back so thought I need something that will do the job without the hassle.

As my plot is directly behind the house I can just plug in to my supply. Job done in 5 mins.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Lardman

Re: enough is enough!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 09:56 »
Spent a good hour trying to get me petrol tiller going today, stripped it down, cleaned etc and it just don't wanna play.
It's like a right of passage  :lol: Don't forget to pass it on to the next person so they too can experience the joy of pulling the cord for longer than they need to use it.

Alank

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 18:43 »
I've just bought a battery strimmer and it's so lightweight and easy to use.
Also no damage to planters polly tunnels or plastic mesh fencing.
I'm converted so much so that I'm going to buy a battery chainsaw.
I still ache a bit after using it a good few times this week but probably not as much as I would using the petrol strimmer and trying to do it all in one go  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 21:44 »
Which one did you get, Alank?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 02:11 »
I now own "EGO Power+" brand, battery-powered blower, strimmer, hedge trimmer, and chain saw, all of which use interchangeable lithium ion batteries.  No complaints on any of them!!  Electric (plug-in or rechargeable) is the new best option for many of our common power garden equipment.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Alank

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 07:46 »
Hawksmoor from Tool station about sixty quid.
Won't be up to long grass or black Berry etc but it certainly managed the nettles and young docks in the hen pens.
Did all around raised beds and along fence line and round sheds etc.
Probably get 30 minutes or more from the supplied battery per charge.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2024, 10:50 »
It's like a right of passage  :lol: Don't forget to pass it on to the next person so they too can experience the joy of pulling the cord for longer than they need to use it.

Both my owd strimmer and tiller are being donated to a garden project, a patient of mine works there so I contacted her to see if they wanted them.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 44 queries.