Browsing the internet

• 4 Replies

pepsi100

Browsing the internet
« on: November 13, 2023, 10:38 »
Its over a week since my heart attack now, so while I have been resting I have been looking at things to buy

(I found giving up smoking the hardest thing to do, but so far I have been successful, no more coughing, wheezing, out of breath, but sleeping longer)

Anyway

I found this, mini greenhouse (to replace my one that has broken)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134148894143

Its a fair price I think

I can put in grow lights, but I dont know enough about them, does anyone here ?
Is it actually worth installing them?

(cant do anything in the garden, ground is waterlogged, so a casae of hurry up and wait  :(

It's all about the journey, not the destination

AndyRVTR

Re: Browsing the internet
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 10:57 »
As an ex - (heavy) smoker, I found it difficult to give up, but I stuck with it 40yrs this year since I quit! The cold frame looks good quality and I'd say is a fair price, grow lights are pretty self sufficient, you plug em in set thectimer and really just forget about them. But... as well as light, you would need some form of heating especially if you're gonna grow any kind of tender plants at this time of year.

pepsi100

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 12:05 »
Good morning AndyRVTR thanks for your reply

Giving up after 60 years of smoking isnt easy (I can even remember the first time I was bullied into my first smoke) but I have nothing to lose and quite a bit to gain

Not really sure what I am going to put in this mini greenhouse, but I have heating pads from my time winemaking

I was thinking of the pots of plants I normally bring into my conservatory, it lets in plenty of light, the polycarbonate is UV proof

I wouldnt be thinking of starting any new plants before Christmas, or later next year

Harry998

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 20:07 »
Spend the money on racking / shelving for the conservatory! It will be much warmer and easier to access for you on a rainy day.

We convert ours to a greenhouse for spring each year and every year at the start we think it looks like a big mess and then miss it all when it's gone in summer

pepsi100

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 20:51 »
I've turned my conservatory into a temporary green house, the plants are feeling the benifit already, some are even starting to flower again

My mini green house arrives tomorrow (Thursday) so I'll be putting a few plants in there, my little fig tree, the leaves are changing colour now, so it could be hibernating, my blueberries leaves have turned red and dropping now, it actually looks quite pretty

Still havent got round to cutting back the Lindum meadow turf though (there is so much of it)

xx
allotment programmes on the internet??

Started by gardener247 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post January 15, 2010, 13:28
by bigben

Page created in 0.815 seconds with 42 queries.