Composting and clearing up my garden is now on hold

• 16 Replies

pepsi100

Composting and clearing up my garden is now on hold
« on: November 09, 2023, 02:02 »
Everything in my garden has taken a back step now and put on hold

I suffered a heart attack at the weekend, 4 November

(I get up  early on a Saturday to listen to a radio program)

I had a  terrific pain in my chest, called 111, they sent an ambulance, blues and twos all the way, 3 medics

Straight into the cardiac part of the hospital (Northwick Park)

I had all these monitors stuck on me

Then into  a scan machine, they decided that I needed a a stent in one of my valves of my heart, I actually watched them do it on an X ray machine

There was a Cardiologist, 4 nurses and a couple of onlookers watching it all happen

They put a line in my wrist, upto my heart, then used the X ray machine to watch where it went, it was interesting watching it, but it was if it was happening to someone else, not me or my heart

After two hours the stent was fitted, I never felt anything, apparently there are no pain receptors in the heart

Then it was back onto the ward, and checked every hour, blood pressure, oxygen levels, heart rate

They set me free today with a bag of medications (8 Nov Wednesday)

Well, now nothing is going to happen in my garden for the next four weeks
It's all about the journey, not the destination

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Composting and clearing up my garden is now on hold
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 08:20 »
Clearing up the garden can wait.  Thank goodness they could ‘fix’ it there and then, but feet up and resting is definitely the best option for the next few weeks.

Take care of yourself Pepsi and concentrate on your recovery  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 08:43 »
Pepsi, the most important thing now is to rest and take good care of yourself. Maybe there is someone who could do a few jobs for you in the garden? All my best hugs to you.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 09:11 »
That wasn't nice to wake up to, was it, lucky you got an ambulance so quickly, with the way things are.  I hope you heal well, as others have said - just take things easy....

It is scary, but absolutely fascinating watching it being done isn't it? I had a stent put in to fix a brain haemorrhage, many years ago, with the scanner thingy whizzing around my head, with the viewing screen in front of me. That's probably 'old-school' nowadays though  :D

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 09:25 »
It looks like you were treated well by the NHS despite its current challenges.
Safe to say the garden will have wait at present.
I thought I had problems as I came down with sciatica in September and couldn’t walk let alone clear up the allotment for the winter. The wet weather hasn’t been helping either I’m afraid.Just take it easy and don’t exert yourself whilst you recover.
Keep digging

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 10:34 »
Hope you have a swift recovery, Pepsi  :D

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 11:40 »
I'm glad you were able to get timely emergency care!  Don't worry about tidying up the garden and the composting.  The important thing is your health.  Get the rest that you need!  Best wishes for a full recovery.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 20:25 »
Oh my word - wishing you a steady and successful recovery. Don't over tire yourself; the allotment / garden will wait.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

pepsi100

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 01:58 »
I'd just like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your get well wishes, they really are appreciated

I am at home now, a stent was fitted and now I have been told to rest (being retired that is very easy to do)

I do consider myself very lucky that I was seen so quickly,

The doctors and nurses were brilliant, I had never really been in hospital for an emergency like this before

After hearing all the horror stories on the news, about people stuck on ambulances for hours and A&E being full, I am glad to say that Northwick Park hospital was reasonably clear

I guess I was lucky, they had a top cardiologist visiting this day I was admitted, he took one look at me and ordered a whole series of tests, blood, heart rate, blood pressure, gave me a spray to use to get rid of the pressure on my chest

A few hours later, I was wheeled into an operating theatre and I was given a local anesthetic in my arm, he then said 'relax, enjoy the show'

I did watch it, but there was no way I could relax, this was all happening to my heart and I was awake and watching it happen

I am now at home and all I can do is look out of my window, watching the wind and rain and thinking of what I could be doing, if and when the weather clears up

I just want to repeat myself  and thank everyone here and to the doctors and nurses that have wished me well

The garden can wait, winter isnt that long and spring will soon be here, yes, planting and weeding, cutting the grass will be late this year, but at least I will still be around to do it all again next year

Thanks again everyone  :D :D

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2023, 15:04 »
Goodness, that must have been a scary few days for you and your family! Good wishes to you for a bright and healthy future, sounds like you are being sensible and following the advice you’ve been given. As others have said, he garden can wait, but a full recovery cannot so bide your time and I’m sure once healed you’ll be back to it soon enough. Make some lists of what needs doing & when family ask, dole out the jobs, I’m sure they’ll only be too pleased to help
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

pepsi100

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 15:39 »
Well, its just the wife I can rely on these days, if it werent for her I wouldnt be here now
I hate to say it, but most of the work will be down to her for the next few weeks
I just have to hang on for a few more years
I just have to rest, prepare for another stent, at some point
Keep taking all the pills the hospital has given me (so many now I am starting to rattle)

Thanks everyone

wighty

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 17:33 »
Hope you feel better soon Pepsi. Best wishes to Mrs. Pepsi as well, from both of us over here.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 19:40 »
Concentrate on getting your own health back Pepsi - nature will look after your garden's health all by itself at this time of year.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Debz

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 12:46 »
Take you time Pepsi and get better properly.  the garden will have a wee sleep while it's waiting for you.  Probably the best time of the year if you have to take a few weeks off!

Ali T

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2023, 16:46 »
So sorry to hear of your heart attack - hope you get well soon Pepsi!

xx
Weather hold ups?

Started by Christine on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post May 13, 2014, 21:38
by barley
xx
What to use to hold netting down???

Started by vineweevil1 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 23, 2008, 23:07
by shaun
xx
Chit's away or hold fire?

Started by Wildeone on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post January 23, 2009, 17:47
by yummy
xx
Have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Started by 666 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2009, 13:13
by Oliver

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 54 queries.