How’s your clear up coming on?

• 33 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: How’s your clear up coming on?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2023, 09:54 »
How did you know it was my birthday ?

If you have your date of birth entered into your profile, you have cakes added to your posts on your birthday.  See here  :)

https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=11392.msg1589144#msg1589144

pepsi100

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 09:58 »
Well, I never knew that, thank you, very much appreciated ;)
It's all about the journey, not the destination

Nobbie

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 18:23 »
Before I started on mine I had to help my dad move to a new allotment on his site which has strawberry, raspberry, asparagus bed, greenhouse and shed! Unfortunately his old allotment had accumulated all sorts of ‘useful’ metal, wood and plastic🙄. Three trips to the local tip later and it’s in a suitable state for the next tenant. Made a start on mine by ripping down a rotten fence made of pallets and aim to get rid of all the excess wood which is just providing a breeding ground for slugs.

snowdrops

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2023, 19:33 »
Hubby & I went today for him to add a new perch for the 3 new girls to get alongside the 3 old girls, which required us to dismantle the munty bean frame to use 1 of the older uprights for the perch. He also clad the sides of the secure run with its winter garb of corrugated plastic sheeting, so they’re all sorted for the winter. Got the bean beds all swoed & raked up & on the compost pile. Now need to collect manure & wood chips to apply to all the beds & paths respectively & then add homemade compost & refill the compost bins oh & clear & do the same to the poly tunnel (14 x25ft  :wacko:)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2023, 15:16 »
Roughly dug over my sweetcorn bed removing the remaining roots and covered with black plastic. Weeded the purple sprouting broccoli. Getting there slowly.
Keep digging

Christine

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2023, 17:42 »
Mine's coming on just fine - have handed in the keys to an enthusiast who has had a plot previously. She's started but rain stopped play today.

AnneB

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2023, 08:21 »
Slowly.  We are waiting to rebuild our compost bins which have rotted away after over a decade.
Unfortunately some wasps built their nest in one half and are refusing to die off or depart.  Meanwhile all the material for composting from summer crops is piled up one one bed awaiting action.

snowdrops

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2023, 17:44 »
Mine's coming on just fine - have handed in the keys to an enthusiast who has had a plot previously. She's started but rain stopped play today.

Oh! Have you another or is that you finished with an allotment? If so how’s that feeling?

Christine

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 13:56 »

Oh! Have you another or is that you finished with an allotment? If so how’s that feeling?

Totally retired. It's a lifestyle change but 5 days is hardly time to build a whole new life style. I've a small back garden to investigate properly. And the allotment committee paperwork to sort still.  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 18:35 »
Harvested the last of the tunnel tomatoes,red & green, the last aubergine and a few peppers in readiness for clearing the plants this week hopefully. I’ve yet to do the asparagus bed & weed the permanent brassicas , I’m also working on the garden bit by bit, as things are slowly finishing, but things are still flowering & are still green, plus I now don’t do a thorough garden clear before winter to leave places for creatures to over winter.

pepsi100

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2023, 00:03 »
Trying to cut back all this Lindum turf, its really taken a hold this year

I'm using shears to cut it back, there is a lot of it and a lot of slugs and snails hiding in there

When there is a sign of frost, my fruit trees will be coming inside, along with the wifes plants, bringing her plants in, after a couple of weeks they start flowering,

The conservatory isnt even heated

All my herbs will start dying off, regardless of where they are

I just need a couple of dry days to finish off

snowdrops

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2023, 10:04 »
Trying to cut back all this Lindum turf, its really taken a hold this year

I'm using shears to cut it back, there is a lot of it and a lot of slugs and snails hiding in there

When there is a sign of frost, my fruit trees will be coming inside, along with the wifes plants, bringing her plants in, after a couple of weeks they start flowering,

The conservatory isnt even heated

All my herbs will start dying off, regardless of where they are

I just need a couple of dry days to finish off

What fruit trees are you bringing in? I’ve brought my lemons & orange in

pepsi100

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2023, 10:12 »
snowdrops

Lemon, Lime tree, young fig trees, lime tree
My lemon tree seems to produce lemons year round

The lime tree has never produced flowers or fruit, so the last time I bring it in,,no fruit next years, it goes

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2023, 07:56 »
I am way behind. It's been so wet here. I have a part of the plot that has been under water continously since 28th August. I'll post some pics if I can.

snowdrops

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2023, 21:07 »
I laid 2 layers of thick brown cardboard down today & covered it with the bags of wood chippings that I was gifted the other day ( I filled the bags, all 31 of them! then they were delivered to my plot, such a kind chap). Managed 4 paths, a few more to go  :) . Looks better already

xx
Apple drop. To clear or not to clear?

Started by LottyLouis on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2015, 21:03
by Growster...
xx
Best way to clear ivy?

Started by RJR_38 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 04, 2013, 20:11
by RJR_38
xx
Bug Clear...

Started by Growster... on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post September 29, 2013, 21:27
by Growster...
xx
Best way to clear brambles?

Started by jonewer on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 12, 2009, 19:36
by des

Page created in 0.874 seconds with 52 queries.