Agender.

• 11 Replies

Goosegirl

Agender.
« on: September 08, 2023, 16:48 »
My husband has just been diagnosed with multi-systemic atrophy (MSA) which has certain elements of Parkinson's so a little chuckle was badly needed. A couple of hours ago my husband informed me he'd just rung his midwife which I felt was rather strange because I kept thinking he'd just been to his gynaecologist instead of his geriatrist. Having carried a massive amount of his prescription necessities on foot back home, I do so hope the morning and night time carers don't expect me to boil kettles for hot water or I will leave this metal coil on a high note, preferably C major.  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Agender.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 15:16 »
I understand the need for some levity!

It sounds like you are getting some good help to help him. Here's hoping your mortal coil remains unsprung, with no shuffling off!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 17:47 »
How wonderful you could find some levity in the situation, long may it continue fingers crossed for you
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 18:08 »
You're doing just fine, Goosey!

Hang in there, and nay-say the doom-mongers!

Oh, and buy an electric bike for collecting the meds - it's much easier that way, and you can park without worrying about the ULEZ or whatever stupid ideals the Caton Council try to cionjure up!

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 08:46 »
Thanks all. I do have a dark sense of humour - comes from working for the NHS and helps me to keep going - but at least we now know what we're facing future-wise. At least we live in a lovely home with our three cats and garden and have people on hand should he fall again and sandwich me between him and the door!  :tongue2:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 11:24 »
Look after yourself too, GG.  Don’t struggle on or just self medicate. 

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 11:29 »
Take good care of yourself GG  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 12:50 »
Look after yourself too, GG.  Don’t struggle on or just self medicate.
Yeah, my self-medication means I'm back on the booze and I was going to let you all know at some point 'cos you're me chums and have never dissed me. Even though we have carers morning and evening, I'm basically on call all the time so am trying to find ways of having some "me" time such as being on the Forum so I can focus on something else. My current wish for a bit of peace is to have someone take me up to the Lake District so I can see those majestic mountains and to dip my toes in a lake. I am a strong person and know I will get through this come what may. If anyone needs help from me in any way please PM me because GG will always be there for those who need me. 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 13:16 »
The booze is a killer !  Look for an alternative !

Lardman

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2023, 13:40 »
Yeah, my self-medication means I'm back on the booze

To avoid "just taking the edge off" at 10am with something 40% or above I found mindless repetitive tasks very therapeutic. I used to fold the laundry as there was always piles of it. Sheets, fitted sheets, duvet covers all nicely folded into 18" squares and stacked in organised piles in the airing cupboard.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2023, 20:57 »
A quiet walk, or something similar, can also be therapeutic.  Don't worry about step counts, distance, or getting to a destination etc., just get out of the house for awhile.  Sometimes it is the simplest activities that can be the most relaxing.

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 08:27 »
Just to let you all know he's still in hospital as he now has Covid. You couldn't write it could you! The good news is I found MSA Trust who have a website with a Forum and they sent me a big pack of info. I'm fine and have contacted AA who have been great. In the meantime I'm in shampoo-ing, cleaning and polishing mode and that's just me. Wait until I start on the home - ha!  8)

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 49 queries.