Tomato Variety Adam

• 0 Replies

wbmkk

• Experienced Member
Tomato Variety Adam
« on: July 26, 2023, 10:03 »
After quite a few years of growing tomatoes I decided not to bother this year, so when it came to seed sowing time (March) my selection of tomato seeds remained in their packets.

Towards the end of may my wife asked .. why no tomatoes this year ?

I said I thought I would give the greenhouse soil a break .. i usually use ring culture, with fresh compost in the 'rings' but just the normal soil underneath. That wasn't a good enough reply, but it was obviously too late to be sowing seeds.

I intended buying some plants, but by a stroke of luck saw a notice on the allotment gate .. free tomato plants available .. plot 24 (or wherever it was)

I took about 6, the ones that looked the healthiest and most sturdy, although they were varieties I hadn't heard of.

4 were Adam and they are doing brilliantly .. nice big fruits which will probably be turning red in a few days. This is an unknown variety to me, but I'll certainly grow it again next year.

In the past, I've had Craigella, Shirley, Tigerella and the old favourite Money Maker, as well as some red ones too. Many years I grew Sweet 100 which seemed to produce millions of fruit.

Has anybody else found a brand new variety that has been a fantastic success

xx
Would you adam and eve it strawberries in flower again

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 09:55
by Sue33
xx
Best Tomato Variety

Started by spottymint on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 14:26
by mumofstig
clip
Tomato Variety Help

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post July 20, 2020, 13:55
by CSChris89
xx
Tomato variety

Started by Beetroot Queen on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2013, 10:09
by Beetroot Queen

Page created in 0.589 seconds with 36 queries.