Dog doo doo

• 17 Replies

Anton

Dog doo doo
« on: April 05, 2023, 23:02 »
My allotment is located on a road where lots of people walk their dogs to the nearby forest. Last year, my first year in the allotment, there was no problem but this year dog excrement has been piling up just in front of the little gate where I enter the allotment. There is a strip of grass that runs along the fence
I found a lot of brick tiles in the garden last year and dug them up and put them to one side. So I decided to lay the tiles down where the dogs are doing their business. This stopped them but now they are doing their business just where the tiles end.

I am not obsessed about this but just next to my gate is a neighbouring house, so it's not very pleasant for the neighbour and particularly when the weather gets warmer and I don't really mind shovelling up the mess and depositing it a bit further where it is no nuisance to anyone. But do anyone have any tips about deterring our four-legged friends.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Dog doo doo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22 »
Some dog owners need an ASBO  >:(

If you're not adverse to spending a little money there are some dog deterrent sprays on the market.  Man wee is also said to deter foxes, so may do the same for dogs if sprinkled around the area.

Good luck !

Anton

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 11:45 »
Thanks Aunty.

Anton

steven c

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 12:45 »
have you thought about putting a polite notice on the fence although the type to leave the poo will probably ignore the notice   good luck.
from bow like to grow

Anton

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 12:56 »
Thanks but from what I have seen with notices displayed by various houses here in the area, these kind of notices seem to enrage some of the dog owners.

missmoneypenny

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 14:59 »
We have the same problem in our neighbourhood, I put some notices up once ( Ok, they were quite sarcastic) they all got ripped down within 24 hours. Some dog owners just have a big blind spot and think their pooches are so adorable no one could possibly object  :mad:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 17:01 »
A neighbor two houses down from me used to regularly "walk her dog" (ahem . . .) on my front lawn!  No bag in hand, nothing (large dog too). After seeing this from our window several times, I came outside and gave her as large a piece of my mind as I could spare!  I also handed her a bag, and told her next time I saw her do that, it would end up on her door mat.  I was sick and tired of cleaning up after her dog to keep our lawn looking acceptable.

I made a habit of going into the front yard, or at least the door way, every time I saw her walking by the house and pausing at our yard. No further conversation, I just stared at her.  She finally got the message. Sometimes it pays to go a bit "mental"  :wacko:  ??? when dealing with the neighbors! (Most of my neighbors I get along with quite well).
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 23:26 »
Sounds a bit psycho try perspective instead sometimes people’s opinions differ and and it’s better to discuss it rather that get emotional and use threatening behavior verbal and physical

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2023, 00:09 »
It's irritating when a cat or a dog not under control defecates on your property but you don't expect better of them - they're animals. However, when a dog under control does it, the human is being anti-social. The irritation with the act turns to annoyance at the behaviour of the owner which is the equivalent of them dumping their waste on your property.
Farmers suffer financial loss and emotional harm every year from stupid and irresponsible owners who allow there dogs to worry sleep. Dogs 'playing', chasing pregnant sheep often results in miscarriages and still births. Actual attacks are very common with horrific results Just google dog attacks on sheep images if you have the stomach for it.
These anti-social owners who dump their dog faeces on our streets, playing fields and property endanger our children trying to play. The same sort of people whose dogs attack sheep and children. Personally I think their behaviour deserves criminal sanctions ranging from community service cleaning up dog mess to prison.
If my neighbour was to allow their dog to dump on our garden, I'd treat them to contents of the cat litter tray as well as returning their dog's offering.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2023, 01:46 »
It’s amazing how we all got by for all the years before it was a thing prison for dog muck really John how tolerant? what’s with the sorts of people comment? Are the they the same type of people that just stand staring at people like there unhinged by the way I wouldn’t let a dog do that on someone’s property also the sheep comment really because someone lets there dog mess somewhere they’d let there dog kill sheep really? What about farmers putting bulls in there fields where footpaths and poo everywhere should they go to prison I’m a bit gutted I’ve bought a lot of your books I thought ya had a lot more sense let’s say you stand staring at someone thinking your a bit mental like the comment stated and the person your staring at kicks off and beats you half to death was it worth it no that’s my point it’s better not to lose it over a bit of dog muck also don’t pick it up and hang it in trees no doubt I’ll probably be kick of the site for having a different opinion
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 13:16 by Plot 1 Problems »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2023, 07:43 »
Different opinions are fine, but letting a dog do its business anywhere and not clearing it up is very anti social.  It points to not being a responsible dog owner, like people who let their dogs roam free in the countryside and worry sheep.  John lives in sheep country, so probably sees and hears a lot more about it than we do.  If you think your dog should be able to poop anywhere without worrying about anyone else or their property, why not let them run free across a field of pregnant sheep and chase a few - small steps in some people’s brains.

As for neighbours, if just being around letting someone know you are watching them works, then it works.  I wouldn’t describe that as threatening, just standing up for yourself, but that is my opinion. 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2023, 10:37 »
… don’t pick it up and hang it in trees

I think we all agree with that !

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023, 10:46 »
It’s amazing how we all got by for all the years before it was a thing prison for dog muck really John how tolerant?
I think prison is appropriate for people who deliberately allow their dog to worry sheep.
also don’t pick it up and hang it in trees
No, it should be dumped on your front lawn  :tongue2:

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2023, 11:20 »
My front lawn ? Try and listen I don’t condone letting your dog mess on people’s lawns and you brought sheep I. To it for some strange reason probably because you have sheep just because someone doesn’t pick up dog muck doesn’t mean the set them on sheep so let’s forget about the sheep if you can what I’ve tried to say is don’t over react over a bit of dog muck if you start staring at people and thinking you hard you might get your self into a load of unnecessary bother try to control your emotions for the last time here’s my stance on the matter because your not listening to what I’m saying and just reacting I wouldn’t let a dog mess on anyone’s lawn or playing field etc I would let a dog mess down the woods like most farmers do with there dogs and cattle and gun dogs but I don’t think you should react with absolute hatred for dog owners and start threatening everyone
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 11:41 by Snowboar »

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2023, 11:29 »
I don’t have a dog and I wouldn’t let it mess everywhere except down the woods just like all working dogs do all im saying is it’s not the end of the world and threatening peoples gonna get ya smacked it not the worth the aggro but no one listening and everyone’s letting there emotions control them take a breath and don’t send me threatening emails because I have a different opinion I wish everyone the best as it’s just a difference of opinion peace

Page created in 0.468 seconds with 52 queries.