It never rains but it poorlys.

• 18 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: It never rains but it poorlys.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 10:20 »
Oh Growster, but thankfully you're both on the mend. Your grandmother and I would have got on like a house on fire as I still smoke roll-ups (with filters) and still have a tot or several when I feel the need because I'm a rebel at heart and always will be. When that annoying parrot on my shoulder keeps saying you should be or you shouldn't do whatever, I just pluck another feather out of its backside and tell it to go away!   :D :D :D
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2022, 11:00 »
Oh Growster, but thankfully you're both on the mend. Your grandmother and I would have got on like a house on fire as I still smoke roll-ups (with filters) and still have a tot or several when I feel the need because I'm a rebel at heart and always will be. When that annoying parrot on my shoulder keeps saying you should be or you shouldn't do whatever, I just pluck another feather out of its backside and tell it to go away!   :D :D :D

Well I never had you down as a smoker Goosey !
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2022, 11:40 »
I just smoulder quietly!  :mellow:

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2022, 17:40 »
Years ago, like my dad, I smoked a pipe, and we could fill the room with the magical 'Gold Block' aromas for ages...

The funnier times were when I'd be driving home from London, (usually two hours), light up around Surbiton, and then keep going until nearly home, with the car a massive fug-nest! I often set fire to my trousers on the Sevenoaks by-pass with a stray match and several sparks, but those days are gone, and can't return...

I tried rolling my own fags on occasions with half an ounce of Sun Valley, and a packet of Greens, but they never really caught on, as most of my chums stayed with their Bensons, Gold Leaf or Gitanes, but I had to do an alternative - that's what Growsters do, hence the Falcon pipe!

My old flatmate, an Aussie from Sydney, used to welcome his dad over to stay in our flat in Chelsea. His pop told me that he gave up smoking by taking snuff, and calculated the huge number of fags he'd given up!

But it wasn't all bad, as his dad did us all a favour by coming over to the UK and introducing Vogel Bread to us all back in the sixties, so whenever you see it on the shelves, just think about the fabulous bloke, sleeping on our lounge floor to save dosh and teaching me a lot of home truths and more!

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 34 queries.