An invention waiting to be... invented!

• 8 Replies

Kleftiwallah

An invention waiting to be... invented!
« on: October 08, 2022, 10:35 »
Goodmorning  everyone, 
once again I'm drinking microwaved tea (not too bad) but what I need is some shed inventor to make a heat sensitive pad upon which is placed a tea mug plus bag.  When the boiling water enters the mug it starts a timer and alarm which goes off after a preset time to tell you your tea has been stewing for the optimum length of time.

Over to you shed inventors.   Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

snowdrops

Re: An invention waiting to be... invented!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 12:25 »
Sounds like a job fr growsterinc .com  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 06:42 »
Ha ha ha, Snows!

Klefters, can I suggest...

... a clock?

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 12:36 »
Then I would have to be listening out for an alarm...  Cheers,  Tony.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 15:55 »
Then I would have to be listening out for an alarm...  Cheers,  Tony.
Oh the hardship involved  ::)

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 04:05 »
Tony, I have improved upon your suggestion for an invention.  However, I regret to report that I don't have a shed to work in; instead, I have resorted to a makeshift workspace in our downstairs loo.

The proposed combination of heat-sensitive pad, mug, tea bag, timer, and alarm presents too many parts that could potentially fail, spoiling the process. Fortunately, with perseverance, I have overcome the lack of an appropriate workspace, and  invented a device that simplifies the process, and eliminates some functioning parts, and steps as well, resulting in a more restful process with less labor. 

My device is simple, and constructed of a broad inverted cone (point down), to which a second narrow steep-sided inverted cone has been fused at the point of the broad cone. A hole connects the two cones. The broad cone is the in-fluent cone, the narrow cone has an effluent orifice at it's base.

Operation is simple. You could do this in other locations, but I found the sink in the loo to be well-suited for testing purposes. Place the dual-cone device point-downward in the sink.  A teabag is first placed in the in-fluent cone, and a measured volume of hot water is then poured into the in-fluent as well.  The process could take awhile, I recommend laying down for a nap until the process is finished.  You will note several advantages. First, there is no mug to wash up, the cone device easily rinses clean. Second, the only waste produced is the teabag, the contents of the teabag may be composted. Third, the timer and alarm have been eliminated, allowing the nap to proceed naturally and uninterrupted by jarring alarm noises.  After your tea time, you will wake naturally, and feeling refreshed. 

No need to thank me.  I can send you as many of the dual-cone devices as you want for a mere £250 each, plus shipping and handling.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 11:07 »
I have just read this intriguing post from Klefti and seen the various responses. I am just about to go shopping for the erstwhile incapacitated Mr G, so will come back after I have had some thinking and drinking time - ha! I'm sure that GG can come up with a more suitable and personal solution than Growstersink.com because he diddles about trying to come up with an instant product with no guarantees it will even last three months, whereas I take my time to research as many tea drinkers as I can who want the easy life without using left-over traffic cones and un-tested electrical equipment. I'll be back shortly but, in the meantime, please don't call me shortly!  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 13:21 »
Having just had a little meander around Boot's and the Co-op shop in Caton, I came back and contacted Wallace and Gromit who were absolutely totally enthralled with the potential prospect of devising a tea-making machine to suit all needs and purposes. They said they will get back to me tomorrow so watch this space.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 13:54 »
failing all those wonderful ideas, you could just suck the tea bag  :D   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
Joint Replacement waiting time for Wales

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2017, 10:46
by John

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 46 queries.