VHS video

• 4 Replies

moose

• Experienced Member
VHS video
« on: April 11, 2022, 15:01 »
Any one still got one that works? If you are interested I just found one.  BBC Geoff Hamilton's Cottage Gardens the complete series 172 minutes. If you would like it let me know.

coldandwindy

• Experienced Member
Re: VHS video
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 07:49 »
I've got quite a few tapes but nothing to play them on. I had some very old family movies - my grandparents on the beach etc. I had them transferred to VHS when the film started deteriorating. Now I need them put onto a newer format but I don't know who'd do it & I'd be afraid they'd get lost or damaged.
I might invest in a VHS player that also copies to disc if I can ever find one.

moose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 09:05 »
I did once have the equipment to transfer to DVD, but this tape got missed. My local computer repair shop used to do it for a reasonable charge, but I have not been in it for some years so I don't know if they still do. May be worth checking.

coldandwindy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 08:53 »
I did once have the equipment to transfer to DVD, but this tape got missed. My local computer repair shop used to do it for a reasonable charge, but I have not been in it for some years so I don't know if they still do. May be worth checking.
Thank you I hadn't thought of a computer shop doing it. The camera shop in Oban used to but they closed. I'll ask.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 07:18 »
Hello I have a VCR player on rental for £1.00 a month it still works,there are VCR to DvD recorders on the market,I know of a company in East Yorkshire that can transfer tape to disc    jezza

xx
Video tech

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2021, 18:11
by John

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 36 queries.