If you use LPG

• 6 Replies

wighty

If you use LPG
« on: March 14, 2022, 20:57 »
Stock up now, we've been notified of a price increase from the 1st April, we haven't been told  yet by what but the way things are going it's not going to be a small one.  Please also be aware that you have to have an empty bottle to hand over or you will have to pay a minimum of £25 deposit on a bottle.

AndyRVTR

Re: If you use LPG
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 21:16 »
One of our local static caravan parks has had to close as they can't get bottled gas.. its a major company too, rhymes with sharkdean reports  :D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 06:31 by AndyRVTR »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 00:09 »
We're on tanked LPG - now 50p a litre and rising.. We use about 3,500 litres a year. Plus electric and solid fuel for the multifuel stove. Scary.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 05:49 »
14% increase on small camping gas stove cylinders since last September!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 18:58 »

You wouldn't get very far trying to fill your boiler with those  ;) :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 12:43 »

You wouldn't get very far trying to fill your boiler with those  ;) :lol:

Ha ha ha!

In fact, we cook on a double-ring cylinder gas cooker as we're the only house in the village without mains gas!

I buy the cylinders on Ebay, and get around 56 at a time!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's an expensive way to cook, but we both eat like birds, and we can put the kit anywhere we please in the kitchen!

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 14:28 »
 fuel increases are getting sillier by the day I'm glad we stopped using LPG in our greenhouses several years ago because it was quite expensive to heat with LPG in those days and we found it more cost effective to buy in bedding as plug plants like begonia impatiens fuchsia and others

and there's no doubt prices of  plants are bound to rise in the garden centres and other outlets we ordered our bedding last September and I haven't been told there will be any price increases yet fingers crossed

but its no joke for those who use LPG for cooking or heating and not to mention other things like transporting goods it all has an impact on us one way or another its going to drive up food prices including  your little tipple then everyone will looking for a wage increase to compensate those rises so we could be in for rough times ahead

we only use LPG for the caravan that's a luxury not a necessity but then we don't use much LPG anyway so I have to ask myself where's it all going to end will we see are pensions rise inline with all these price increases  don't hold your breath

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 44 queries.