Trivial things that drive you mad

• 34 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Trivial things that drive you mad
« on: March 09, 2022, 17:02 »
 Just got in from my weekly supermarket shop. Decided against the self-service till and as there was no queue at the manned till, got behind a woman who had just started to empty her trolley onto the conveyor belt ready to be next to have her stuff checked, scanned and payment taken. This stupid woman waited until the till operator had scanned the very last article of her shopping before looking for her credit card. First she hoisted a shopping bag out of the trolley and then rummaged inside it for her handbag. Eventually she found the handbag and then rootled around in it for her purse. Then having finally found the damned purse, she fumbled around for a card, changed it twice beore putting in in the reader. The whole episode drove me mad. I know that women can't simply pull a wallet with cards in from their back pocket like we men do, but for Heaven's sake they could at least get their damn cards ready as the till operator is scanning their purchases.

What irritates you?

GraciesGran

Re: Trivial things that drive you mad
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 17:50 »
That woman annoys me, it's not that difficult to put your purse where you can get at it easily.The

My pet hate is my husband's inability to put recycling in the bin, he leaves it on the worktop in the kitchen rather than drop it in the bin outside the back door.  BUT he makes a very good cuppa.

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 19:40 »
I get very cross when I'm driving through the village a 30MPH and I've got some stupid driver behind me trying to push me to break the speed limit and I keep them there until I reach home as I always revers in the yard so I can see the traffic when I come out the yard

you wouldn't believe how many idiot's stop behind me not taking any notice of me signalling to stop outside the  gate I've had it when some idiot's have to revers to overtake me and then look at you as if you should have stopped at your own gate the mind boggles  :mad:

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 19:47 »
Yep Alan, those people annoy me beyond belief too, only superseded by the ones who sound surprised when told how much & then start the whole routine of looking for means to pay, as if it’s the first timetheyve ever had to pay.
I get my card out whilst queuing & pop it in my pocket.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jezza

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 11:10 »
Hello it angers me when I have to travel by bus ,I try and have the right money or contacless pay,and regular travellers on the bus havent the correct fare usually they have a £20 note expecting change    jezza

MrsPea

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 18:29 »
Just got in from my weekly supermarket shop. Decided against the self-service till and as there was no queue at the manned till, got behind a woman who had just started to empty her trolley onto the conveyor belt ready to be next to have her stuff checked, scanned and payment taken. This stupid woman waited until the till operator had scanned the very last article of her shopping before looking for her credit card. First she hoisted a shopping bag out of the trolley and then rummaged inside it for her handbag. Eventually she found the handbag and then rootled around in it for her purse. Then having finally found the damned purse, she fumbled around for a card, changed it twice beore putting in in the reader. The whole episode drove me mad. I know that women can't simply pull a wallet with cards in from their back pocket like we men do, but for Heaven's sake they could at least get their damn cards ready as the till operator is scanning their purchases.

What irritates you?

You sound just like my husband, when ever where near the check out he's get your cards ready.IT'S SO INFURIATEING when i already have them  :mad:
I Love my green house

grinling

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 13:53 »
I always fill my bags at the checkout before getting ny wallet out of my pocket and pay, including Lidl and Aldi

grinling

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 13:56 »
My pet hate at the moment is one of the farmers use gas to scare birds, other 3 do not. So it sounds like a car door slamming or a wheelie bin lid dropped in the distance...... >:(

jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 06:44 »
Hello this week it's the damn neighbour banging his wheelie bins about at 4am every morning  for an hour   jezza

MrsPea

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 15:00 »
It's cars flying up our road, just because they dont wont to que on the main road, were having a new by pass put in, it's nearly done  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 15:20 »
Tradesmen who don't call back !  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 19:36 »
Tradesmen who don't call back !  Mrs Bouquet
even worse are those who tell you they will be round at 12 30 ......   

Lardman

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 08:18 »
The last little bit on tin can ring pull lid which never comes off and when pulled send splatters of the contents all over the kitchen and you. Especially pleasant when it's tuna or dog food  :mad:

jezza

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 06:28 »
Hello I've fettled the neighbour banging about at 4am I took his nuts off he's not best pleased   jezza

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2022, 09:35 »
Hello I've fettled the neighbour banging about at 4am I took his nuts off he's not best pleased   jezza

:ohmy:  I am not surprised  :wacko:

Oh ..the nuts on the bin wheels ... I see what you mean now  :lol:

clip
Things I don't believe in...

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post February 03, 2019, 16:09
by jaydig
xx
things they used to say

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 19, 2021, 20:09
by Aidy
sad
Is this really what things have come to?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post October 09, 2022, 17:53
by Growster...
xx
Things are not going too well...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post May 10, 2020, 13:31
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 52 queries.