Trivial things that drive you mad

• 34 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Trivial things that drive you mad
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2022, 11:09 »
Hello I've fettled the neighbour banging about at 4am I took his nuts off he's not best pleased   jezza

Lol by the way where are you from Jezza, fettling isn’t a term used throughout the country, I’m from Yorkshire & we use it?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2022, 11:38 »
The child-proof tops on bleach bottles that are so difficult to remove that if anything ever happens to my husband I'll have to start asking the neighbours to oblige.  Likewise the tops on A**a vinegar that refuse to twist open without first having been sawn through with a serrated knife.  One of these days..............A&E here I come!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2022, 11:48 »
Yes, those bleach bottles are a pain.  I have to put a cloth on the top and then try and twist with my whole hand.  Once it is off, I replace it, but do not use the click so next time it is easy.  (I wouldn't advise this with children around)    Same problem with the vinegar bottles, trying to dig into the band with a knife or scissors.
 :mad: :mad:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2022, 12:09 »
For things that just have the plastic lids, I use nutcrackers to grip the top tightly and that splits the top from the bottom, without having to cut them.
Its the push and turn lids that I have most trouble with  :(

jaydig

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2022, 14:48 »
Brilliant idea, MoS.   I'm going to order some vinegar on my weekly shop just so that I can try it out!

mower man

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 16:31 »
My pet hate are tablet boxes

some have 28 some have 30 so the chemist will cut the strip and give 28
but then I have a bottle of 30 which they leave alone  ( wasting 2 tablets per month )
also the strips inside some have 10 some 14 and one even has 15
why they all cannot use 28 per box I will never know !!
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

Lardman

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2022, 11:06 »
Dropping a single item from the laundry load on the way to the washing machine  :mad: takes ages for me to have enough stuff to justify a white load.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2022, 08:32 »
The last little bit on tin can ring pull lid which never comes off and when pulled send splatters of the contents all over the kitchen and you. Especially pleasant when it's tuna or dog food  :mad:

Absolutely Lardman, especially tins of sardines in sunflower oil which double the jeopardy as it's difficult to fully open the tin without the outside getting very slippery!  :ohmy:
(Hard to compute the overall health benefits of eating an omega-3 rich food with the possibility of needing a trip to A&E with a severed finger!)

'Resealable' bags which aren't are another minor aggravation (hard to open the bag without causing a far bigger split than can be covered with the 'handy resealing strip', which usually isn't sticky enough to do the job even once anyway!  :nowink:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Lardman

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2022, 10:32 »
Please don't get me started on the peel and seal nonsense of pasta and rice bags.  :mad:

Goosegirl

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2022, 11:59 »
Anything that arrives in a plastic container or wrapping that needs a hefty saw or a bit of TNT to break into it. I got one of those bottle openers for arthritic-handed people and thought it was rubbish until I realised I was using it the wrong way round! Now I've got the gist of how it works it's great.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 13:35 »
The move to appointment only services which need to be booked online in advance for basics. I just wanted a short back and sides from a simple spit and sawdust barber. I was beginning to look like Tom Hanks at the end of castaway so I've taken the clippers to it myself and now I look more like Wilson  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2022, 21:31 »
 :lol:

wighty

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2022, 19:17 »
People who finish the butter in the butter dish and don't get a new pack out of the fridge to soften up for anyone else to use.  Had to have my toast this morning with sliced butter on as it was so solid it wouldn't spread properly.  ::)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2022, 19:29 »
People who finish the butter in the butter dish and don't get a new pack out of the fridge to soften up for anyone else to use.  Had to have my toast this morning with sliced butter on as it was so solid it wouldn't spread properly.  ::)

That is nearly as annoying as people who use the last sheet of kitchen roll or loo roll and walk off leaving the cardboard tube  ::)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 20:16 »
That is nearly as annoying as people who use the last sheet of kitchen roll or loo roll and walk off leaving the cardboard tube  ::)

I completely agree.

Unfortunately, I only have myself to blame  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
things they used to say

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 19, 2021, 20:09
by Aidy
sad
Is this really what things have come to?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post October 09, 2022, 17:53
by Growster...
xx
Things are not going too well...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post May 10, 2020, 13:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Little Things mean a lot.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 17, 2020, 16:47
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 47 queries.