Wood ash.

• 17 Replies

jezza

Re: Wood ash.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 06:51 »
Hello the pallet code that should be checked is MB Methyl Bromide  theres also Sulphurus Fluride the MB one is the most dangerous,it was used as a greenhouse soil sterilant in the 1970s 1980s  until the Bophal disaster then it was banned   sorry this is off topic dont want folks spreading wood ash with contaminants in it    jezza

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 18:07 »
Hello the pallet code that should be checked is MB Methyl Bromide  theres also Sulphurus Fluride the MB one is the most dangerous,it was used as a greenhouse soil sterilant in the 1970s 1980s  until the Bophal disaster then it was banned   sorry this is off topic dont want folks spreading wood ash with contaminants in it    jezza

Those are useful warnings, thanks Jezza.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

cc

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 20:51 »
I checked the pH on one terrace and it was above 6 (the test kit could have been junk).
Either way I have been using it instead of salt on concrete paths and driveways.  Salt damages the concrete.  Wood Ash doesn't and works reasonably well. I still have lots from last year, it doesn't look like I will need it this year so this year's is going straight in the bin....Once it's cooled down. Note you need to clean your shoes before entering the house. Messy.

xx
Blackcurrant bush and pruning the old wood to leave the new wood

Started by zestymordant on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 02, 2012, 20:54
by VegGirl7
xx
wood ash

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 22:41
by BostonInbred
xx
What to do with wood ash?

Started by ConfusedGardener on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post March 31, 2014, 20:38
by snowdrops
xx
Where to use wood ash??

Started by Hampshire Hog on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 03, 2023, 09:12
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 1.204 seconds with 40 queries.