grow tubes

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

grow tubes
« on: November 24, 2021, 16:11 »
grow tubes made from recycled textile and paper fibre said to be 100% biodegadable so I though I mite try some then I couldn't decide what to put in them being the first time I intend to use them maybe  parsnips because the tubes  are quite deep and may be better for the parsnip tap root  to develop ?

so if in doubt as I am why not ask the professional gardeners on site for there advise what should I try in my grow tubes and don't say weeds  :D will it be parsnips or what do you suggest as a first time tube grower replies much appreciated as I've had an ear bashing for buying them from my other half  >:(

so its basically HELP :dry:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: grow tubes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 18:00 »
They're no good for parsnips IMO. The tubes take a long while to rot, after they get planted, and that restricts the size of the parsnip, which can't grow wider than the tube was. Well that's what happened when I tried them here.
Plus even though they are a bit longer, you still have to plant the parsnips out before the root hits the bottom, or they fork, fussy beggars ::)
I used the last few for sweet peas, and never bought any more....

Lesley x
I'm not good, I'm not bad - I'm just me, and sometimes I have to apologise for that ;)

xx
Carrots in tubes?

Started by Snap Dragon on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 23:20
by gobs
question
strawberries in tubes

Started by redwine@roses on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 23:34
by Paul Plots
xx
seeds in tubes

Started by 10dahlia on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 30, 2010, 13:33
by unconcerned
xx
leeks in tubes

Started by loobs61 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 11:03
by loobs61

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 36 queries.