ask my gp issues

• 8 Replies

grinling

ask my gp issues
« on: November 02, 2021, 17:42 »
I have a practice manager telling me what medicine I should use....then asked why I could not use it...told her I will only speak to a doctor....put another request today and finally having a perscription!!!!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: ask my gp issues
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 20:02 »
Can't get past the gatekeeper (receptionist!) here either  >:(

Elaine G

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 00:11 »
I had a telephone appointment booked (at their request) for an asthma review.
I was surprised to find I was speaking to a pharmacist not a doctor.
Now if she had been a sensible professional she should have stopped when I said I was having problems.
But she proceeded to tell me I could increase my medication 'if I wanted to' and that a week of steroids would cure my problems. It won't! I should add that I have been asthmatic for 65 years!
Fortunately I had a phone call with a GP for a different problem. I kindly pointed out that she was wrong, and that letting someone who knew very little about asthma conduct these reviews might be very dangerous.
He was inclined to agree.
At least I got to speak to a doctor.
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 06:56 »
My GP  has been relatively Ok.  The receptionists and non medical staff will pass you on to either the nurse, para medic practitioner or doctor.

My trouble has been physiotherapist.  Describing the problem with my hip over the phone they diagnosed strained muscles.    I did the exercises, it got worse.  Just carry  on with the exercises said the physio.   It was only when I was sobbing with pain on the phone to my GP after the physio had discharged me (you only get 6 sessions) that I got an xray.  I need a new hip.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 15:22 »
I believe that your body has an inner instinct as to what's right and wrong for you. Sometimes you have to stick to your guns to actually see someone who has the right qualifications for your problem.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 18:20 »
Mother Lard's gp told me .. and I quote "don't tell me how to do my job, I wouldn't tell you how to do yours."   ::) Wouldn't need to if you were doing it properly, would I  :nowink: I can usually get to talk to a gp on the phone though but it's an hour wait in the queue to get to Charon, let alone cross the river.

edit - definitely new keyboard time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 19:34 by Lardman »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 15:15 »
Since having n Echo sound for a heart murmour I rang and asked if the result are back.  Yes, but the Doctor will have to read them and make contact with you.       Not heard yet - has it got better on its own.   Why did the lady doing the test ask me if Ihad  had a heart attack, thats all she said.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

grinling

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 11:44 »
picked up the complaint leaflet, our practice the manager deals with it, but can complain elsewhere if not happy to complain to her....

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 13:50 »
I'm all in favour of keeping public services inline a complaint now and then, they're required to register and record them.  :D So it keeps them honest.

The practice manager investigates complaints about the practice manager ? That's not right, ask for the line manager , a senior member of staff or an independent investigator to do it.  I'd be adding that to the bottom of the complaint too. Get a copy of their complaints procedures and policies you'll be surprised how many don't bother complying with it.  PHSO if you're not happy with the response you get.

Page created in 6.618 seconds with 47 queries.