Covid booster

• 75 Replies

rowlandwells

Re: Covid booster
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2021, 18:00 »
your reply is absolutely rite couldn't have put it better myself new shoot and Mum what do you mean you feel like shouting at the TV my wife's always shouting at the TV mainly the news its mainly dribble there dishing up  and that goes for both of the main stations its a good job I'm not in charge of some of these stations because there would be plenty of P45'S handed out

thank god for the channel changer its a pity its winter because I'm grounded from going down the allotments perhaps I need to invest in some ear plugs yep another on on my Christmas list  :D :D

bring on the spring I say  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2021, 06:50 »
It's a bit strange to wear a mask without thinking these days, whereas a year ago, they were always 'odd'!

I did some shopping yesterday and everyone was masked up and behaving normally, so the theme is, 'do the right thing', and we all seem to do what we now believe is right - despite the BBC and screaming rags stirring up silly stories and generally mucking the waters.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2021, 10:57 »
I'm afraid we're going to see 200,000 cases a day by Christmas - unless we go into full lockdown which I don't think people would accept now. This Omicron is so infectious that even masks, sanitisers etc aren't going to do a lot more than flatten the curve.
The good news is that the serious illness rate should be so low that the hospitals shouldn't be overwhelmed. Biggest worry is that there will be so many people self-isolating that the infrastructure is unable to cope. Deliveries, post, even power.
On a lighter note - Welsh First Minister says we should "Flow before you go". I tell my grandson that - you need to remind little boys  ::)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2021, 11:42 »
"On a lighter note - Welsh First Minister says we should "Flow before you go". I tell my grandson that - you need to remind little boys  ::)"

It gets a bit much when Mrs Growster and I ask each other the same question...

rowlandwells

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2021, 12:13 »
unfortunately here in Northamptonshire cases of the the new covid strain are rising rapidly and when we called in at one of our local garden centres that have there traditional ice skating it was rammed with people mostly children although it was good to se them enjoying themselves it was equally concerning that so many people were crowded together in one place

we only went  in to get some cards and wrapping paper so we were  basically in and out not mixing and they were asking people to comply with waring masks before entering the centre

although there are some people that couldn't careless about wearing masks I found that out when I went to get some petrol the man on the cash point asked the man not to lean over the counter and when he left he went out the door swearing and then spat on window outside and laughed true scum me thinks

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2021, 12:18 »
although there are some people that couldn't careless about wearing masks I found that out when I went to get some petrol the man on the cash point asked the man not to lean over the counter and when he left he went out the door swearing and then spat on window outside and laughed true scum me thinks
True scum, indeed.

Longshanks

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2021, 12:44 »
I had the booster a month ago and the flu jab and I still managed to catch it. So, just be careful if you go out.

Goosegirl

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2021, 12:53 »
OH NO! Hope you're ok now. We're not going out now unless we really really have to, so yet another partial lockdown for us but far better safe then sorry. What absolutely gets my goat is those selfish burghers who just don't care about anyone else except themselves. Yeah right. You know what happened to some of those who refused to get jabbed then ended up in hospital pleading for it except by that time it was too late.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Longshanks

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2021, 14:08 »
My symptoms were cold-like, but flattened me and I'm just recovering. I caught it in a restaurant I think. I didn't have my phone so didn't get a ping.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2021, 17:02 »
Thing is how variable this bug is - you can generalise and evaluate risk by age etc. but there's always the exception. The young, healthy and fit schoolgirl who was really very ill for long time with Covid and old people who hardly notice they have it.
I think we'll be in self-imposed lockdown until February.

wighty

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2021, 18:26 »
We think that we will be joining Ireland, Wales and Scotland with a lockdown from the 27th which ......... our plans to meet up with daughters and grandchildren.  Posting presents tomorrow rather than waiting until the 28th when they were meeting us in Pompey and going for lunch.  One of our friends is a landlady and has halved her beer order for New Years Eve. I can see it coming.  :(

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2021, 01:00 »
Wales isn't in a lockdown on 27th - just shutting the nightclubs (for now)
However, a lot can change in a few days...

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2021, 14:43 »
I think we have to ready for anything I’m afraid. I have collected some more Christmas stocks from the local shops this morning lest things are restricted without notice. Last year I cooked a turkey and trimmings and delivered them to my daughter and family in our village as we couldn’t eat together. Hopefully that was legal it certainly wasn’t a party!! Whatever happens I suggest we eat drink and be merry before the next Lock down  ;)
Keep digging

mrs bouquet

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2021, 15:52 »
I have friends in the Netherlands who are pleased about their total lockdown.    I think we should have it here as well and we need it now, Christmas or not.  Imagine the stats on 4th January 2022.   We need a break so that Omricon has nowhere to go.   My friend and her husband both in late 70's are going to Tetbury, to stay with family of four and another two are going to stay as well, plus another one.
On the face of it a sensible woman, but family, nothing will stop her.    I wouldn't encourage elderly parents to do that.
Please look ater yourselves, and in doing so you will save others and particularly our hospital nursing staff.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2021, 06:13 »
I'm just seeing a tired resignation of the fact that whatever sort of lockdown we are 'ordered' to do, it's inevitable that it'll come down on us soon.

The press 'revelations' about parties don't help of course, but with every rag and the BBC gagging for 'gotcha' pics and quotes, the normal citizens like us all here just 'sigh', and get on with doing the right thing, which is 'follow the rules' where we can, and hope that nature will take its course. I can't see any alternative as long as we've all been vaccinated properly.

It's easier this year, as we've endured all this baloney before, but hibernation is a pleasant option as far as we're concerned at The Turrets!

xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Have the swallows got Covid 19?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 13:52
by wighty
xx
Covid 19 Vaccine

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

31 Replies
Last post December 12, 2020, 01:35
by John

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 42 queries.