sweet peppers

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

sweet peppers
« on: September 10, 2021, 18:48 »
although our peppers are growing quite well in large pots in the greenhouse we have one plant that's a different colour than the rest where the others are still green and hopefully will turn yellow in time the one pepper has a purple fruit like an aubergine I just wondered if somehow another variety of pepper seed made it way into this packet  because  i know there's a variety out there in my seed catalogue called purple star

so not knowing anything about peppers as its the first time we have grew peppers any info much appreciated

snowdrops

Re: sweet peppers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 21:15 »
I had a packet of seeds that came as mixed sweet peppers, & I’ve ended up with some beautiful purple/black peppers, as yet they’ve not begun to change colour, I’m assuming they’ll go red eventually. I’ve got one plant with light green fruits & one of those is going red. Plus there’s another traditional green peppers & some are ginormous. I’ll take some photos on Sunday & post them here. I might add it’s the first time I’ve been successful with peppers apart from the odd tiny one that’s had a hole bored in so I’m rather pleased with them lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Longshanks

Re: sweet peppers
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 08:00 »
I too have loads of green peppers and a rogue aubergine coloured one. I'm just going to leave them for as long as possible to see what happens. Incidentally, peppers are perennials, so as long as you cut them back and keep them warm at at home, they'll go again next year and give you a head start.

xx
sweet peppers

Started by whinpin on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 26, 2014, 15:18
by Trillium
xx
sweet peppers

Started by mumof4 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 10:28
by mumof4
xx
sweet peppers

Started by BELLS PLOT on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2009, 00:44
by Trillium
xx
sweet peppers were hot!

Started by Annen on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 28, 2014, 21:33
by Annen

Page created in 0.806 seconds with 36 queries.