Uncover day?

• 3 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Uncover day?
« on: August 26, 2021, 09:52 »
Good morning everyone,     is there a day/time of year when I can feel free to uncover my carrot and PSB patches and not get zapped by late shift carrot and white fly?

They are both doing crackin' up to now. :)   Resent this plea 'cos I cannot find it in the list!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

snowdrops

Re: Uncover day?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 10:02 »
I believe that there’s a 2nd wave of carrot fly in September, but I tend to just keep mine covered until late winter if I still have any then, it’s such a pain to harvest though, brassicas I keep covered all year because tge pigeons would massacre them over the winter as well. I also keep the leeks covered but I suppose I could uncover those at some point. Thanks for posting & making me re consider what I do  :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

KalisDad

• Adopt. Dont Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 11:51 »
I'm keeping everything covered until they are ready to harvest, got caught with cabbage white butterflies last year, it's not happening again
Dad of a beautiful Cyrpus rescue called Kali (she's in the picture), A dog from my favourite place, what a dream

Christine

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 17:13 »
Good morning everyone,     is there a day/time of year when I can feel free to uncover my carrot and PSB patches and not get zapped by late shift carrot and white fly?
Cheers,  Tony.
I think the answer is 95% No.  :nowink: Perhaps there is one day but you won't see the carrot fly sneak in and you won't catch the cabbage white butterflies because they know when you aren't looking. We won't mention other pests (pigeons and such).

xx
when to uncover graft?

Started by 3759allen on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 14, 2016, 18:58
by Trikidiki

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 36 queries.