Rainbow coloured cherry tomato plants?

• 1 Replies

Julia Smith

Rainbow coloured cherry tomato plants?
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:18 »
Wondered if any of you lovely people can help please? I am VERY new to gardening and for the first time ever i am growing tomato plants. I have 4 "Money maker" plants which seem to have started producing little green tomatoes. But the rainbow coloured cherry tomato plants have yet to flower or produce anything at all. As i am so new i don't know if they are just a lot harder variety to grow? Or are they later to produce anything? Am i likely to get any tomatoes from any of them or have i just wasted my money buying seeds which are not likely to produce any tomatoes? Is there anything i can do to help them produce? As i said i am very new to this. My dad (a lot more experienced) started them off for me and i now have them growing in grow bags outside my flat. But they just don't seem likely to produce anything.
Thanks for reading and sorry about my ignorance.
Regards Julia

Growster...

Re: Rainbow coloured cherry tomato plants?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 18:17 »
Julia, welcome!

I've been growing toms for ages, and wanted to try some of these this year, and am not getting a decent sized plant as well! The leaves on our plants are much thinner, and generally a bit weedy! Like you, the real ones (Shirley, San Marzano, Sungold), are just getting going at last!

We used to grow a similar one to you some years ago - 'Tiger Stripe', and I don't remember them doing much back then either!

Can I suggest that you pop a little general-purpose fertilizer around them to buck them up? The bad spring and poor early summer - here at least, has meant that a lot of stuff is pretty slow at the moment, so don't give up yet, I'm sure all will be OK, butmay take a bit more time!

Good luck!

xx
Peachy coloured dots on my apricot plants

Started by mashbintater on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 13, 2011, 14:53
by mashbintater
xx
Paper Pots - Are The Coloured Inks In Newspaper Toxic To Plants

Started by pol and mick on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 12:41
by Celtic Eagle
xx
Cherry Tomato

Started by Glosterboy on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post December 04, 2022, 10:31
by juvenal
clip
Tomato - Cherry Baby

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 21:30
by DD.

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 36 queries.