a Christmas present for the wife

• 19 Replies

rowlandwells

a Christmas present for the wife
« on: December 02, 2020, 17:31 »
well after some careful thought of what to buy my wife the perfect gift a new shinny spade just the job for doing all the digging i though that's going to save my back because its very hard work ploughing the plot with our tractor one gets a sore bum sitting on that seat then I have to get off the tractor to drink a cup of coffee and eat a bacon butty then there's the cost of diesel so i think a good spade would be just the ticket for her

i could then buy a nice easy chair to put down the allotments to sit and drink my coffee and eat my bacon butty as i watch her digging  do you thing she would like that present nicely rapped in Christmas Paper WHAT DO YOU THINK ? :unsure:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: a Christmas present for the wife
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 17:36 »
I think you should be prepared to be either whacked with it or run very fast indeed, but I’m fairly sure you know that don’t you  :lol:   :lol:  :lol:

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 17:53 »
Be very, very careful.  You could be heading for trouble

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 17:54 »
I think she’d prefer her spade wrapped in your skin  ::) :ohmy:

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 22:56 »
Good idea but delete this thread before the police investigation for sudden death

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 16:35 »
yes  OK i think I've got the message from you lot  i just thought it was a good idea at the time and much cheaper than that expensive perfume that they keep advertising on the television with that scantly dressed lady every five minuets I  can't think why i keep watching it  ;)

maybe i could take a look in wilko see what perfume the have on offer and  i don't think wearing a spade for a hat would actually suit me folks

never mind there's still plenty of time to get her the perfect present what to buy that is the question?

grinling

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 17:04 »
You could buy her a comfy cushion for the tractor seat   :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 22:10 »
Now I differ in my reply, I was thrilled when hubby bought me a garden fork one year, is she a keen gardener? Now I’d not thank you for a piece of kitchen equipment even though I like a gadget  :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 09:55 »
well grinling  how dare you suggest i buy the wife a tractor cushion there's  a padlock on that seat and the  seats  reserved  just for me woman on tractors humbug  :ohmy:

but yes snowdrop my wife is very interested in gardening as she is the garden manager me I'm only the pot boy you know doing all the humping and bumping so chip pans out of the question snowdrop so it back to putting the thinking cap on again

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 13:35 »
Well if a tractor cushion is out, maybe gardening tools are back on the list. They always go down well with me. Maybe you just need to pick carefully  ;)

I thought I should share a picture of my belated birthday pressie this year (lockdown birthday so everything gardening was sold out then). Quite a bit of kit and I am pleased with it.  It feels properly made and that it will last just about forever.  It makes very short work of digging out weeds or turning over soil as well.

It came from a firm called Niwaki.  If you are looking for a gift for a gardener, they have some good ideas.

If Mrs Wells doesn’t like it, you may be in for more trouble though. It could do a considerably bigger mischief to you than a spade  :D
48C43B67-3175-4B0E-8B41-7033B6D7461A.jpeg
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 14:14 by New shoot »

rowlandwells

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 17:16 »
I take your point literally new shoot anyway we have one of those and they are very good for some jobs so the present maybe a sickle to keep the cut round the plot or a post hole driver how about a Billhook O' maybe not a Billhook for obvious reasons never mind there still plenty of time to get a present this five quid's burning a hole in my pocket  :dry:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 17:26 »
How about a nice ornament for the lawn   :lol: :lol: :lol:
EFB26BB0-7F14-4F68-AD6E-9FECAAB6AF70.jpeg

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 17:44 »
May I suggest an umbrella as well , so if it's raining while she's digging you won't get wet. The rain should help her to avoid building up a sweat , an engineer will be able to fully explain the benefits of water cooling  :D :D
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

rowlandwells

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 18:25 »
yes that's an idea a hippo for the lawn but we haven't got a lawn and yes good thinking Tenhens an umbrella yes your quite rite the wife can't stop digging for a drop of rain because if it rains the first thing will be to cover the tractor well ones got to get there priorities rite because the seat mite get wet

this is getting a real pain what to buy the wife for Christmas I know she doesn't like using my long muck fork so i have to unload the  horse manure on my own maybe i should buy her a smaller muck fork then she could
 unload the the trailer  :unsure:

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 13:37 »
I bought a quite cheap woolly hat with a fleecy lining, ear flaps and a peak. After donning said hat I found it also had a turn-down rim that goes over these and also covers your neck, and I must say It's jolly warm. If you get her one, she won't have any excuses re- tractor driving, pole-driving, or driving you mad. Just one thing you may not have considered when choosing her present. What is she getting you?  :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Christmas present for someone with an allotment?

Started by XmasPresent on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 08, 2019, 15:13
by Tenhens
xx
Advice for another present for my OH.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post December 12, 2023, 08:58
by Goosegirl
xx
Anyone else got Covid at present?

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post August 18, 2024, 10:11
by Hampshire Hog
xx
My Christmas is now over

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post April 07, 2019, 13:37
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 53 queries.