An update of my new roof and Velux

• 0 Replies

mrs bouquet

An update of my new roof and Velux
« on: October 02, 2020, 12:19 »
At present 2/3rds of the back roof has been stripped down and new felt and battens replaced.  The Velux window man comes on Monday with the roofer to make bigger window holes etc.
After the first day, that evening about 9pm my 'phone rang, I came into the kitchen and there was water dripping through a light and onto my huge granite worktop and just starting to reach the edge  :ohmy:  I rang the roofer and he was here within 20 minutes, along with his wife, so she could help if need be.   He went up in the dark and came back down eventually.   Then he came into the kitchen and disconnected the light so that the excess water could drip on through into my w/up bowl.   He had stopped it.
Yesterday was a lovely day, and he was here for a long time.   I am anxiously peering around now and then to look for water drips,  but so far so good.  He says if it is better this afternoon or tomorrow he will come and bring down old tiles and bump up some new ones.
Thank goodness my 'phone rang, it would have been another hour or two until I went into the kitchen  ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
cleaning the oven roof

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post February 23, 2019, 16:22
by mrs bouquet
xx
GG's AA update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post February 22, 2020, 14:30
by Goosegirl
xx
Car Insurance - Update

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 19:41
by grinling
clip
Greenhouse Update

7 Replies
Last post November 02, 2020, 18:37
by MrsPea

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 40 queries.