The Meal Deal

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

The Meal Deal
« on: August 26, 2020, 11:46 »
Yesterday afternoon a friend and I went for late lunch a a large pub near us.    I won't bore you with all the hygiene in place.   But, we both noticed how much the price of the meals had been hiked up.  Her glass of wine was £7.00 !!  We both chuckled and said well we are paying for it in the long run anyway.
We had to pay by card of course.  No cash allowed - until it came it leaving a tip. 
I am invited to one of village pubs for a meal tonight, it will be interesting to compare  ;)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

Re: The Meal Deal
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 16:40 »
That's pretty much standard for a glass of wine..  An indifferent bottle of sauvignon  blanc cost £27 when I was out last week, shared between 3 of us.  The guy I work for owns a pub and reckons numbers are back to where they were pre lockdown.  The hotel side of his business is picking up too.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 12:07 »
A bottle of wine for HOW MUCH??? I can understand pubs and restaurants trying to recoup some cash but that's just a total rip-off and any savvy customers won't return there so they're not doing themselves any favours and will lose out in the end - I hope!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 15:16 »
A bottle of wine for HOW MUCH???

Welcome to the South East.

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 15:41 »
Well said Goosegirl. 

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 17:20 »
i think I may keep to buying my traditionally  brewed stout or porter at two quid twenty a bottle but we had a lovely afternoon tea and cake out yesterday free a birthday treat from Dobbies the only downside was a silly woman who refused to wear a face mask  should have been removed from the garden centre asap for refusing to wear a face mask and not left wondering about mixing with other people in don't like wearing those things myself but its the law and should be enforced by the garden centres and other retail shopping places for the safety of others

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 22:54 »
It does make you feel a bit angry and uncomfortable when you see somebody without one on.    There are people who are exempt from wearing them though.  I met a lady in a local G.C. who was very aged.  She said she felt really bad about not actually wearing a mask.  However,  she was wearing a plastic face shield.  Mrs Bouquet

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26 »
i take you point Mrs B but i have to say the lady concerned was from our village and has not been exempt from wearing a mask or a face covering just not bothered I'm doing my own thing ? what more can i say

xx
Christmas Meal Charges

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post December 04, 2018, 00:10
by al78
clip
What's the deal with . . .

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post September 28, 2020, 11:18
by Plot 1 Problems
xx
How to deal with our dog before a minor op...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post October 26, 2022, 06:15
by Growster...

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 40 queries.