Strawberrys

• 3 Replies

BlueThumb

Strawberrys
« on: July 12, 2020, 12:38 »
Hello EveryOne
This is my first post and hopefully plenty more to come as time goes on.
I bought my wife who loves Strawberrys around 10 Maris Du Bois plants, and put them in a Strawberry Pot (the type with around 8 holes around it).They are doing really well.
So My question (and i know it could well be a bit early) IS HOW do i prepare them for over wintering,and do i have to still water and feed them ,but not so much,and will keeping them in the porch be suffice????.
Thank You for reading this,and hopefully looking forward to some replys.
Regards  tony
Strawberrys.jpg

Nobbie

Re: Strawberrys
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 18:37 »
Strawberries are as tough as old boots and should be left outside in winter and shouldn’t need watering unless we have a very long dry spell. If you want an earlier crop, you can bring them into the porch after Christmas, but there is no need to if you’re happy for them to crop at the normal time.

BlueThumb

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 18:46 »
Strawberries are as tough as old boots and should be left outside in winter and shouldn’t need watering unless we have a very long dry spell. If you want an earlier crop, you can bring them into the porch after Christmas, but there is no need to if you’re happy for them to crop at the normal time.
Ok thank you nobbie,would it be worthwhile covering with a fleece,or just leave them to the elements???

Nobbie

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 13:43 »
Ok thank you nobbie,would it be worthwhile covering with a fleece,or just leave them to the elements???

No, just leave them open to the elements. Leaves may look a bit tired by the end of winter, but new fresh growth will then appear and you can pick off the dead ones.

xx
Strawberrys

Started by colin120 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 16, 2015, 16:42
by Blackpool rocket
xx
strawberrys

Started by Jilly Pickles on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 12:43
by viettaclark
xx
Help strawberrys

Started by pumpkinpatch on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 22:24
by pumpkinpatch
xx
Strawberrys

Started by tezmac on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 15:08
by poppies

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 36 queries.