Rainwater Collection Shelter

• 1 Replies

john10001

Rainwater Collection Shelter
« on: May 26, 2020, 00:09 »
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I got my first allotment last November and I am just getting back into things after a long break from gardening since moving home and no longer having one of my own living in a flat. I had been on waiting lists for a long time.

I saw a post on this forum from several years ago which I liked. I'd like to construct something similar.
https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=107771.0

My allotment has big problems because all the supplied water containers are empty. They have several of those big huge square things. So I need to get my own water butt and build a collector like the one pictured to collect water.

The only difference to the above one I would like to make is for it to be wider so it can accommodate a bench or chair I can sit on and have a brew. And I would do the plastic sheet on top in the reverse direction so the water drain is at the rear and goes to a water butt at the side. This is because of the strong winds.

Can anyone give any advice on what different materials I would need to do this. What bits of wood, screw sizes, securing to the ground and also finally the plastic sheeting on top where to buy this cheaply? I don't care for the corrugated stuff so if it is flat it is okay with me. I'd be interested to know what materials mostly being used for this?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Rainwater Collection Shelter
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 08:42 »
I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say welcome to the forum  :D

(Oh, and also, what is this thing you speak of - "rainwater"?  8) :lol: )
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Rainwater harvesting

Started by Browser on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 19:40
by Zak the Rabbit
xx
Using rainwater from a new shed roof

Started by theswedelt on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2010, 10:06
by noshed
xx
Building a shelter

Started by Andy1981 on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post April 13, 2010, 19:11
by grinling
xx
shelter for my wormery

Started by metalkitten on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 13:48
by metalkitten

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 39 queries.