Spotty rocket

• 5 Replies

Florablunder

Spotty rocket
« on: May 23, 2020, 18:36 »
I don't seem to be able to grow rocket at the allotment any more - I'm trying two different types at the moment and there are also some self-sown ones that have popped up - and all of the leaves are completely covered with little holes and really don't look like you'd want to eat them. Same thing happened last year. Is there anything I can do about this, or do I have to just give up on growing rocket??

pootler

Re: Spotty rocket
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 20:34 »
sounds like flea-beetle. The only solution I have is to grow when they are dormant - autumn, winter, and early spring. I don't think they are an ideal summer crop

AnneB

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 22:39 »
sounds like flea-beetle. The only solution I have is to grow when they are dormant - autumn, winter, and early spring. I don't think they are an ideal summer crop
Or grow under netting to keep the flea beetle out.

Florablunder

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30 »
Thanks both - I'll try again in the autumn and get some netting for use next summer.  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 10:55 »
I don’t want to rain on your parade Flora, but I have tried fine white insect netting on the plot and the flea beetle still gets in somehow.

I can grow rocket at home in a pot, but have given up at the plot. Too many other crops about and a constant supply of flea beetles there it would seem  :(

AnneB

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 23:33 »
I don’t want to rain on your parade Flora, but I have tried fine white insect netting on the plot and the flea beetle still gets in somehow.

I can grow rocket at home in a pot, but have given up at the plot. Too many other crops about and a constant supply of flea beetles there it would seem  :(
That's a shame New Shoot.  I find that enviromesh keeps out flea beetle on our site whereas the wider mesh does not.

thumbdown
Spotty potatoes

Started by Coldfeet on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 08:32
by Daamoot
xx
Spotty tomatoes

Started by Daamoot on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2012, 10:47
by mumofstig
xx
Spotty peppers

Started by Totty on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 22:09
by Totty
xx
spotty courgette leaves

Started by rookie1 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 22:11
by rookie1

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 42 queries.