Been and gorn and dun' it!

• 3 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Been and gorn and dun' it!
« on: March 17, 2020, 14:32 »
Quite some while ago we had a discussion about severe pruning of apple trees.  I have done it, I've lopped the top of a fruit tree (Arthur Turner) that was getting out of hand and as there were a few shoots above the graft I thought they would do as a stand by. 

There ius a curious apple tree in the park, it has very deep red skin and pink streaked flesh, I think it is a "Red June"  but as thereis quite a few dark red apples with pink streaked flesh,  I'll have to wait untill there is an apple day at Lackam College.

So six scions have gone ion round the edge and sealed with wax, so it's fingers crossed.

Cheers,  Tony. ::)
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Goosegirl

Re: Been and gorn and dun' it!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 11:26 »
When we move into our new bungalow there were three fruit trees that someone really hacked back to the basic trunks. When I first saw them I though OMG, but then I thought again about the severe pruning by someone who knows his stuff of our old Bramley apple tree. Last year it started to sprout and now it looks really well with lots of little branches emerging from everywhere.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 15:06 »
Nice to hear a happy outcome Goosegirl,  I carried out a drastic pruning of a plum tree to try and get rid of any bugs,  now it's back as never before!

Cheers,  Tony.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 22:27 »
When we move into our new bungalow there were three fruit trees that someone really hacked back to the basic trunks. When I first saw them I though OMG, but then I thought again about the severe pruning by someone who knows his stuff of our old Bramley apple tree. Last year it started to sprout and now it looks really well with lots of little branches emerging from everywhere.

Have you moved now? I must have missed that, hope you are settling down well😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Page created in 0.458 seconds with 40 queries.