forthcoming events cancelled?

• 19 Replies

rowlandwells

forthcoming events cancelled?
« on: March 12, 2020, 18:09 »
because of the virus problem it looks quite likely that some if not all of our flower shows will be cancel like Chelsea and Chatsworth to name two may be others mite follow?

its going to be interesting to see if these events are cancelled for health and safety reasons by the RHS I was surprised to see Glastonbury was going ahead despite recommendations that large events should be cancelled

if Chelsea is cancelled who's going to drink all that Pims?

Title typo corrected.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:03 by JayG »

snowdrops

Re: forthcoming events canceld?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 18:17 »
I’ve just had an email informing me that the sewing for pleasure show at the NEC has been moved from 19-22nd March to June
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 20:36 »
Be prepared for a ' baby boomer' year if all this self-isolation persists!

I really am considering every action I take when shopping now, like peering at the handles of trollies, not using the self-admin zappers etc. As an entry-level old-stager, I've never had to think about all this before, but I really am now, as myself and Mrs Growster are now in the 'vulnerable' sector, and we'd rather like not to have these symptoms.

The spreadsheet on the virus spreading, which they're working from in Whitehall must be astronomical, and still an unknown! I blame Excel...

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 21:37 »

Did Mr Johnson start a bit early?? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Wasn't there a baby boom after the winter of 1962??

Have just looked on the Harrogate Flower Show site 23 - 26 April , no mention of the current situation.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 22:43 »
Most of these events will get postponed, and even if they don't will you want to go anyway ?    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 06:03 »
Most of these events will get postponed, and even if they don't will you want to go anyway ?    Mrs Bouquet

Actually, I don't think I'd go to anything where there's a risk.

I suppose it's called self-preservation and it's my decision, nobody else's, but as - luckily - I'm retired, I can choose the best times and days to get in shopping, and that's about it.

Anyway, I've got far too much to do at home to think about visiting anywhere other than our local shops...

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36 »
I think from what was said yesterday that this virus is going to peak in four weeks time things mite alter then with more restrictions put on these type of events its also been mentioned this morning this virus could continue for the next four months  :ohmy:

for us I like be  on the side of caution  Scotland has restricted gatherings as a precaution to assist the health and police services  you can always go to these events another time when all this is over

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49 »
Rebellion wont as we are all dirty punks anyway, dont think covid19 would survive in any of the punk bodies I see  :lol: :lol:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Goosegirl

Re: forthcoming events cancelled?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:25 »
There was something on the news this morning that said you were less likely to catch it if you were in a large gathering rather than a small one which kinds of makes sense especially if it's an outdoor one.

Also, using any form of alcohol is a deterrent which will please our dear Growster and maybe some others on here as his home-made brews are guaranteed to knock anything on the head!  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 15:04 »
There was something on the news this morning that said you were less likely to catch it if you were in a large gathering rather than a small one which kinds of makes sense especially if it's an outdoor one.

Also, using any form of alcohol is a deterrent which will please our dear Growster and maybe some others on here as his home-made brews are guaranteed to knock anything on the head!  :lol:

Your first para makes sense, as you're in the open air, not in a pub with a load of people breathing over everyone!

I totally agree with the second para though...

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 16:15 »

I am prepared for this battle!

rowlandwells

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 18:29 »
goosegirl your a bearer of good new alcohol for me  bring it on I've told her indoors but it didn't seem to go down to well  I said I need alcohol maybe several bottles of premium larger may help :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 06:15 »
What is so good about home brewing/wine-making these days, is the quality of the yeast, and this, coupled with decent ingredients on the market, you can make a pretty good white wine for a fraction of the price of a supermarket brand!

I do actually listen to my doctor, well, I have to with one arm forced behind my back, a gag made from starched hessian and the threat of a needle about the size of a petrol pump, and if she says cut down, I do!

So under those circumstances, quality takes over from quantity, and anyway, the days of getting a gallon down after a rugby game are long gone, although after the World Cup, it might have been a good idea again...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 10:24 »
because of the virus problem it looks quite likely that some if not all of our flower shows will be cancel like Chelsea and Chatsworth to name two may be others mite follow?

its going to be interesting to see if these events are cancelled for health and safety reasons by the RHS I was surprised to see Glastonbury was going ahead despite recommendations that large events should be cancelled

if Chelsea is cancelled who's going to drink all that Pims?

Title typo corrected.

All they spoke about on BBC Scotland was about how there was no more footballs. I hate football, your opinion may vary

The nurse due to give me my anti-babby injection this Monday went into quarantine half way through Friday. The Husband is limbering up his stabbing arm.

Growster...

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 12:11 »
"The nurse due to give me my anti-babby injection this Monday went into quarantine half way through Friday. The Husband is limbering up his stabbing arm."

I should take care with this, Weavers, you may well have to go into 'self-moderation'...

;0)

xx
do any of you go to the RHS events

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post November 29, 2017, 17:38
by rowlandwells
xx
Cancelled my Holiday

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2020, 17:56
by MrsPea
xx
Re: Cancelled Trashco order

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 22, 2024, 18:13
by Yorkie
xx
Daughters Cruise has now been cancelled.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 12, 2020, 17:13
by grinling

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 53 queries.