Silkies

• 2 Replies

Frizzle1

• Experienced Member
Silkies
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:13 »
Hi all, can any one on here give me some advice. I have four silkie hens and very often I here them making a strange purring sound almost like a cat. Only one will do it at once but they all do it and always have. I've had them over a year now. All appear to be healthy other than that. I'ts puzzling me as I don't think I've heard it in the past and kept hens for years. All I want to do is find out why they make this strange sound

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Silkies
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 21:04 »
Mine are not silkies. but some of them make the same sort of noise.  I'm not sure what it means, but I have wondered if it is a 'just watch it' signal.  Mine seem to do it when they have had their beak put out of joint by another bird.

My lot are a mix of banties - wyandottes and orpingtons.  My lad is a sizzle (frizzle/silkie cross) and he spends most of his time saying po po po, which is a new one on me.  He sounds like a little worried old gent who has misplaced his specs and is fussing about where they are  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 22:49 by New shoot »

Frizzle1

• Experienced Member
Re: Silkies
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 11:07 »
Thanks for your reply I guess it's going to be one of those things that will bug me forever more and maybe one day I will get to find out what it means and if I do you will be the first one I will tell. Thanks again

thumbup
Silkies

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 09:54
by Toosje
xx
Silkies...

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 12:38
by Roughlee Handled
question
What to put with Silkies?

Started by Nij48 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 22, 2013, 18:16
by Nij48
xx
Silkies.

Started by Frothgar on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 15, 2010, 10:33
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 40 queries.