Cannot get into my word processor.

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Cannot get into my word processor.
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:52 »
I have used the slide bar on the left to get into Microsoft works, and it keeps saying "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"   I am puzzled as to where it has gone, it was installed as part of my Windows 10 and use to be on my toolbar at the top and very straight forward.   I do get a lot of "Office" coming up and trying to get me to use them, is this anything to do with the problem,   because I am not paying £249 pa .  Surely it should be all part of my initial buy, it always was  >:(   Help again please  :D  Mrs Bouquet   
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Cannot get into my word processor.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 14:11 »
I may be wrong, but Windows 10 is just the current operating system for your pc, and Microsoft Works is just one of the software progs that are added. When I got my new pc a number of years ago, I had W 10 and MS Works installed and their icons are on my desktop screen, and I was also given their installation discs in case things went doo-dahs up. Try looking into "My PC" to see if the Works prog is there and if it is try accessing it from there. If not, I can't see it being removed by you so maybe someone else can advise if this doesn't work.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 22:34 »
Press start and search Microsoft works

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 20:57 »
Thanks folk.   On my earlier laptop, and presumably a different windows, I used works a lot.    Now I don't  type stuff so often and was really shocked to find it is not included in /Windows 10, what a swiz.    Anyway, I have tried the things you have suggested and just got to the bit where the money was requested and hit x and left pretty sharply.   I now have two new icons displayed, neither of which I know what to do with.   So I think I shall have to err on caution now and wait for my Computer Tutor to come on Monday, perhaps he will show me how to do 'photos, then I can bombard you all with pics.   :D  But thanks for your answers.    Mrs Bouquet

Christine

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 08:01 »
You can download Libre Office free and it includes a tying package for word document type things. It includes lots of other stuff but as it's free you don't need to use them.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:53 »
ok the computer tutor is here, so hopefully here comes a pic.  :lol:
PIC_0225.JPG

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 13:26 »
So there is and well done you!  :)

jezza

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 17:32 »
Hello  try a 7 pound sledge hammer fixes all computer problems and is an alternative therapy   jezza

jezza

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 10:33 »
Hello I have just got a notifixmcation on my computer that Windows 10 needs installing it was already on when new but after 18 months it deletes then starts asking for £69 99 to reinstall for 3months then says unable to install needs to create disc space then puts you through to a chat site which asks for card details be for giving advise   told advisor what to do with Windows 10  computer still works with out it    jezza

xx
The C word

Started by AndyRVTR on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 23:19
by Aunt Sally
xx
Left without a word!

Started by jaydig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2022, 23:36
by Rob the rake
xx
Word table gone wonky.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 28, 2018, 21:51
by madcat
xx
Word we arent supposed to mention

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2023, 08:59
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 47 queries.