Cannot get into my word processor.

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Cannot get into my word processor.
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:52 »
I have used the slide bar on the left to get into Microsoft works, and it keeps saying "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"   I am puzzled as to where it has gone, it was installed as part of my Windows 10 and use to be on my toolbar at the top and very straight forward.   I do get a lot of "Office" coming up and trying to get me to use them, is this anything to do with the problem,   because I am not paying 249 pa .  Surely it should be all part of my initial buy, it always was  >:(   Help again please  :D  Mrs Bouquet   
Dux Femina Facti

Sometimes my mind wanders, if found please return.

Goosegirl

Re: Cannot get into my word processor.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 14:11 »
I may be wrong, but Windows 10 is just the current operating system for your pc, and Microsoft Works is just one of the software progs that are added. When I got my new pc a number of years ago, I had W 10 and MS Works installed and their icons are on my desktop screen, and I was also given their installation discs in case things went doo-dahs up. Try looking into "My PC" to see if the Works prog is there and if it is try accessing it from there. If not, I can't see it being removed by you so maybe someone else can advise if this doesn't work.
Spring always comes when we sow the seeds of life.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 22:34 »
Press start and search Microsoft works

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 20:57 »
Thanks folk.   On my earlier laptop, and presumably a different windows, I used works a lot.    Now I don't  type stuff so often and was really shocked to find it is not included in /Windows 10, what a swiz.    Anyway, I have tried the things you have suggested and just got to the bit where the money was requested and hit x and left pretty sharply.   I now have two new icons displayed, neither of which I know what to do with.   So I think I shall have to err on caution now and wait for my Computer Tutor to come on Monday, perhaps he will show me how to do 'photos, then I can bombard you all with pics.   :D  But thanks for your answers.    Mrs Bouquet

Christine

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 08:01 »
You can download Libre Office free and it includes a tying package for word document type things. It includes lots of other stuff but as it's free you don't need to use them.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:53 »
ok the computer tutor is here, so hopefully here comes a pic.  :lol:
PIC_0225.JPG

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 13:26 »
So there is and well done you!  :)

jezza

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 17:32 »
Hello  try a 7 pound sledge hammer fixes all computer problems and is an alternative therapy   jezza

jezza

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 10:33 »
Hello I have just got a notifixmcation on my computer that Windows 10 needs installing it was already on when new but after 18 months it deletes then starts asking for 69 99 to reinstall for 3months then says unable to install needs to create disc space then puts you through to a chat site which asks for card details be for giving advise   told advisor what to do with Windows 10  computer still works with out it    jezza

xx
Word table gone wonky.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 28, 2018, 21:51
by madcat

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 44 queries.