Blueberry leaves gone missing!

• 2 Replies

KCWales

Blueberry leaves gone missing!
« on: June 23, 2019, 09:00 »
I have a few blueberry bushes. They all have fruit developing. But one has leaves that are completely disappearing. The branches are completely stripped. Not a sign of the leaves anywhere. What’s happening? Any ideas? Have checked for caterpillars and can’t see any.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Blueberry leaves gone missing!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 21:44 »
Have to say that unless the plant was diseased and the leaves fell off to the ground, then a caterpillar of some sort is most likely.  I can't remember whether blueberries get a type of sawfly?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Blueberry leaves gone missing!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18 »
Hard to think of an explanation given that it's only one bush affected - is it possible that the affected plant has received less water than the others and has shed its leaves as a result? (The 'evidence' could have blown away given the breezy weather.)

Vine weevils are a possibility, especially if container grown - might be worth scraping away some of the soil or compost to see if something is attacking the roots.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Rust on blueberry leaves

Started by zoe96 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 00:56
by Paul Plots
xx
Orange marks on Blueberry leaves

Started by JohnB47 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 17:09
by JohnB47
question
BLUEBERRY

Started by Miss Molly on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 00:42
by Yorkie
xx
Blueberry

Started by rictic on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2008, 10:22
by gobs

Page created in 1.03 seconds with 29 queries.