Who would it be ?

• 11 Replies

mrs bouquet

Who would it be ?
« on: December 04, 2018, 19:35 »
Have you ever thought to yourself, I would like to meet …….

Perhaps for a nice Lunch for a couple of hours and a chat.    This famous person could be dead or alive, male or female.    --------  So who would it be   ?     :ohmy: :ohmy:   Mrs Bouquet

(Keep it clean please, and if you all want to meet me I am busy for the next 3 years  :lol: :lol:  -  All joking aside this is a serious question )
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

Re: Who would it be ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:55 »
Michael Caine.

I reckon he's been foremost in British films and hard work for his industry for decades, and while I'd still want to listen to him and his stories, he's the sort of man who will want to ask me what I get up to as well, he's that kind of gentleman.

He's a great ambassador for UK Inc.

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:11 »
Jesus Christ for so many reasons , just for a chat for a couple of hours not full time just yet ! ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:14 »
Michael Jackson, I think, to have the chance to tell him how talented  & that black is beautiful & if he should ever come back not to change a thing about himself( oh & give his father the elbow early on)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 09:15 »
There are lots of people I'd like to meet, they seem so pleasant and do a lot for charities, but the person I have to put at the top of my list is Richard III, just so I could ask him a question  ::)

Did you really do that?.........

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:41 »
Donald J Trump

I would like to meet Donald face to face and have a sensible conversation with him  instead of fake news without the news media poking there nose in

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 14:47 »
Stephen Hawking. I could start by plumbing the depth of his infinite knowledge, he could do likewise with me (which won't take long), he'd show me how his amazing voice equipment works, I could show him some of my poems, then we'd discuss who has the most wicked sense of humour!   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aled

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 15:17 »
My Tadcu (Welsh for Grandfather) he passed away before I was born, and apparently I am like him in many ways......one memorable occasion, a strange lady walked into my office one and said "now then I hear you are Johnny Dolfryn's Grandson...before I could say yes she said...yes you've got his eyes" my jaw dropped! Betty (for that was her name) had lived in the same small mining town as my Dads family a lovely lady sadly no longer with us. 
Cheers
Aled

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 16:02 »
Other than my younger self, for the sole purpose of giving the arrogant little dip stick a good dressing down. I need to have a quick chat with Immanuel Kant.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 22:05 »
Interesting one and I would say that there is two people I would equally like to meet, sadly both dead, who knows in the future our paths may cross  ???

1. Benjamin Franklin
2. Joe Strummer
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 17:10 »
Anyone involved in building Stonehenge, the cursus and similar ancient structures to find out what they are about, and discover their view of the world.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 19:56 »
Returning to Mrs Bouquet's original post question, I can add a little footnote...

A few years ago, a good friend was in the gym in Rye, doing a little bit of excercise. He finished and headed for the changing room, and suddenly came face to face with Paul McCartney, who lives around here!

My chum was slightly dumbstruck, but the man himself just said 'Well you probably know who I am, but what do you do"!

They had a normal chat as blokes do, and then both went their various ways with a handshake.

I just love that story.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 51 queries.