Merry Tiller

• 8 Replies

snowdrops

Merry Tiller
« on: November 25, 2018, 10:17 »
Just to clarify Iím not looking to sell on here but how much is the going rate for an old Merry Tiller with a 12 year old Honda engine, totally refurbished last year worth?
No Iíve gone no dig & after this years results will staying no dig were thinking of selling our Merry Tiller, it was my father in laws so there is some sentimental value to it but I donít want it just standing there in my shed unused when it could be a valuable asset to someone. He bought it new in about 1960/65.
Ideas anyone?
Mods delete if you think this is inappropriate Iím not looking for pms about this as I will advertise it at my garden club & on the allotment gate in the first instance.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Merry Tiller
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:47 »
It's an appropriate post and not a problem.
Difficult to value - all depends what someone will pay of course. I'd say my 1976 Merry Tiller is better than anything I can buy new for less than £500! I paid £80.00 for mine and another £80 to have it fully serviced (I'm not mechanical) - reckon it was a great deal.
You can look on ebay and search on past sales to see what they went for. My guess is £100 would be a fair price.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 14:18 »
Thanks John, that can be hubbyís homework then lol

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 18:58 »
II think your rite £80 to £100  would be a fair price I owned three merry tillers and sold the lot last year when I bought a new tiller and yes around £700 with some attachments sold the other merry tillers for £40 for spares as a trade in 

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 19:13 »
Thanks Rowlands

jezza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 20:35 »
Hello £100-£150 more if it Hs45 attachments a set of spikes are £80 pair  jezza

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 21:09 »
Hi thanks I advertised it on the gates at the plot & in the garden club trading store for £150 & got no interest so took it down, then put it on Facebook marketplace for £ 200 & got lots of interest but nonsale, so after awhile I reduced it to £180 & it went straight away. I also advertised my backsaver for at the same time, canít remember how much for originally but itís was there for months but I sold it last night for £50, so Iím doing well in adding to the poly tunnel fund😂.
Thanks everyone for your help

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 00:15 »
That's interesting - I've a second Merry Tiller which is a bit superfluous but I wanted the accessories that it came with. Sounds worthwhile to give FB marketplace a go.

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 11:05 »
That's interesting - I've a second Merry Tiller which is a bit superfluous but I wanted the accessories that it came with. Sounds worthwhile to give FB marketplace a go.

There are no charges like eBay either & you can set your mileage if you are buying so that itís in your area, Iíve bought & sold a fair few bits & bobs & if they donít sell the smaller things go to the charity shop.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 45 queries.