Pie with apple.

• 16 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Pie with apple.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 16:48 »
The wind blew most of the bramleys down onto the pavement and they shattered  :mad:  must have been 50-60lbs easy with each around apple around 1lb.  :( such a waste. I grabbed a carrier bag of what was just bruised and made 10pts of puree so all's not lost.

Pie the third has a mix of bramley puree and fresh jonagold with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Taste was about right for a sweet pie, nice balance of sweet / sharp and filling was more filling than puree which gave it good bite - 7/10.

There's a lot of juice, I don't think its from the puree I didn't add any water to it and the last pie wasn't like that so the jonagolds must be pretty wet. Pie the fourth with need a sprinkle of cornflour to sort that  ;)

Oh what a blow, excuse the pun. Salvage some more of the windfalls & get a batch of mincemeat on the go.. that time of year will soon be here
 :tongue2:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

Re: Pie with apple.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 08:12 »
Oh what a blow, excuse the pun. Salvage some more of the windfalls & get a batch of mincemeat on the go.. that time of year will soon be here
 :tongue2:

It's particularly annoying as I'd tried to pick them with the pole picker earlier in the week but they weren't ripe enough to come off  :( The tree is 40 years old if a day and a 1lb apple falling 30ft onto concrete doesn't leave a lot of salvage. I'll try again with the pole picker next week but not for mincemeat, I still have a tub of Mrs Bee style in the fridge from 2013? waiting to be used  :blush:

my wife made an apple and pumkin pie

:tongue2: Now that's right up my street - almost worth buying a pumpkin for (or at the very least growing some next year).
I'm the person the monsters under your bed are hiding from.

xx
Apple jam

Started by barb1 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post November 16, 2010, 16:15
by aelf
xx
Apple Pie

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 14:50
by mumofstig
clip
Apple Juice

Started by grendel on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post September 03, 2015, 19:23
by grendel
xx
Apple jelly

Started by sclarke624 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 16:02
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.