What's for tea? 2017

• 994 Replies

lettice

Re: What's for tea? 2017
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2017, 10:25 »
Mince casserole for lunch with boiled potatoes and a load of fresh picked kale.

Spaghetti bolognese for tea, with a herby focaccia just doughing in the breadmaker.
HM Apple pie from the freezer and custard for afters.

snowdrops

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2017, 16:44 »
DD suggested she come & do pasta tonight, so she is in the garage!🤔 Whilst dad is making basil pasta to go with the bolognaise DD made. Hubby has also made garlic baguettes that DD has just tasted & told him to get a stall on the farmers market, so he's walking round with askip in his step. I'm just waiting, my time will come no doubt when it's clear up time!😏 & boy do they make a mess
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2017, 18:46 »
Busy day here, so chilli from the freezer and some rice for tea  :)

There were some squashes in the shed that were developing spots on the skins, so I've had an oven full roasting for the freezer.  I might stir some in to bulk out the veg content. 

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2017, 18:52 »
Sticky sweet chilli chicken with rice and peas. Ice cream and raspberries from the freezer after  :)

Lardman

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2017, 22:43 »
Coincidentally I took a detour this morning passing the nearest butchers and found them open at 7am  :ohmy: it would have been rude not to stop.   ::)

Not the worlds best to be honest, but I did pick up some tomato sausages (I know, I could make my own but they were only 50p each ... ) added mash, mushrooms and some of the frozen spinach I usually keep for curry time - made a reasonable meal.

lettice

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2017, 08:58 »
In the drizzle this morning, but nice to have some rain at last, picked a half bucket load of Brussels Spouts, a few leeks, parsnips carrots, sage and a colander full of spinach.

Roast pork today, with bacon wrapped sage and onion stuffing balls and HM apple sauce.
Our raspberries from the freezer going in a jelly for afters.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34 »
An easy carve duck I unearthed from the freezer.  This was bought for Christmas, then never used  :blush:  I'm trying to empty the freezer out to defrost it, so time it saw the light of day.

Roasties, squash and cabbage to go with it.  The duck has cherry stuffing, so I might open a jar of one of my jellies and melt a spoonful into the gravy to echo the fruity theme  :)

madcat

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11 »
bought a tray of pheasant legs from the butcher yesterday, so I am going to cook them in a bourguignonne sauce, then when falling off the sinews, strip the meat from the bones (a messy job) and very well flavoured pheasant bourg. with mash and greens tonight.  The bones and bits will join similar from the chicken last night and for tomorrow in a stock ...  Best get on with it then!    ::)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35 »
Lamb leg steak with broccoli, peas and swede.

snowdrops

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2017, 13:13 »
Roast chicken & all the trimmings, might find the leftover cheese sauce in the freezer as I've got some cauliflower, or I could save it for with sausages in the week, yes that's what ill do as that will save me getting up & disturbing the cat who has taken to getting up on my lap recently! 😅

compostqueen

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2017, 19:44 »
I am eating soft food, having bent my front teeth in a running accident  :wacko:   I made a pork casserole, which was way lush, but most of the meat ended up on my husband's plate as I can't eat it yet

Shepherd's pie tomorrow, minus the shepherd probably. Mash, mash and more mash! Getting sick of the sight of scrambled egg and mash!  :D

I yearn for a piece of hot buttered toast  :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2017, 20:05 »
A meat-free Monday here - vegi sausages, carrot & swede mash, cabbage and spoon-standing.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2017, 20:28 »
Leftover duck reheated in the oven, baked potatoes, roast squash, greens and the last of the sweetcorn from the freezer.  All with gravy and bread as well for those who wanted to wipe every last trace from their plates  ::)

OH was then hopefully looking round for pudding - I swear he has hollow legs  :lol:

madcat

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2017, 09:20 »
I yearn for a piece of hot buttered toast  :tongue2:

I remember the feeling when I was part way through dental work!  Hope your teeth are starting to feel better.

Last night was chinese pancakes (chicken cooked with star anise and soy, stripped off the bone, shredded spring onion and carrot, hoisin sauce, chinese pancakes) and special stir fried rice (with egg, bacon, onion, carrot and french beans).

Tonight will be the other half of the pheasant stew, with mash and cabbage.  I think.

snowdrops

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2017, 14:20 »
Sausages & you've guessed cauliflower cheese, mash, peas

xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2017)

Started by Paul Plots on Chatting on the Plot

540 Replies
Last post December 29, 2017, 12:44
by JayG
xx
Birdwatch 2017

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

38 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 18:03
by rowlandwells
xx
Fishing Season 2017

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

130 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 22:03
by Offwego
xx
Ashes 2017 - 2018

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 20:29
by Tenhens

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 37 queries.