planting out cucumber late...

• 3 Replies

LiamB

planting out cucumber late...
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:16 »
Hi Guys,

I've only just managed to plant my cucumber out, do i still have a good chance of actually getting cucumbers before its too late?

They were about 6/7 inches in size before i planted them out, as they were previously kept in greenhouse.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: planting out cucumber late...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57 »
Are they an outdoor variety?

My Marketmore cukes have been outside for about 3 weeks and are not much bigger than yours - they really need a big improvement in the weather - even outdoor cukes like plenty of warmth which they've simply not been getting so far this autumn summer.  :nowink:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

LiamB

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 13:35 »
Yes they are outdoor kind, forgot which though! This is my first year on allotment so i'm still trying to get used to variety names etc. and actually remember them!

Well i will just have to see how they come a long, but the last few days have been wet and quite cold.

Trust my first year to be unpredictable dodo weather.

BabbyAnn

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 16:24 »
Trust my first year to be unpredictable dodo weather.

... no such thing as predictable good weather round here either   :lol:  This year is challenging but not necessarily dodo  ;)

Yes they are outdoor kind, forgot which though! This is my first year on allotment so i'm still trying to get used to variety names etc. and actually remember them!

a reliable outdoor kind is Marketmore - I've only just planted mine out and they have been a bit slow to get a move on after their initial growth in the albeit brief warm spell earlier, but I'm still hopeful

xx
Cucumber planting help

Started by Deborah1 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 29, 2018, 16:47
by lettice
question
Cucumber Seeds planting

Started by Trevorw on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post February 27, 2022, 15:39
by Trevorw
xx
Too late for another planting

Started by totalnovice on Grow Your Own

33 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 11:46
by Growster...
question
planting out late?

Started by Brassica Blaz on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post February 04, 2010, 16:59
by DD.

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 37 queries.