Belated Happy New Year

• 4 Replies

yorkshirerose

Belated Happy New Year
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:00 »
Its been a while since been on pc but Im here now  :D  :D
Anyway the 10 chhoks are still doing very well and getting 9eggs every day since well before Christmas.
I had heard that chickens across the country had gone off thier food - but my girls haven't stopped eating or laying  :!:
Im not complaining though and when asked what miracle feed Im feeding I just say 'Its not the feed - its the talking to em and keeping em healthy - result - very happy and content chooks.'
I poo pick the shed every morning without fail - I like to do it asap so that the nesting boxes are clean ready for laying - though this is too late as there are often eggs waiting for me when I go first thing in morning :!:
The girls are free ranging and have taken to wandering round the lake field at side of our house.
Im so chuffed that the 6 ex-batts are still with me and have settled in lovely - they came last August and doing sooo well.
Mind you there are 4 that still sleep in the nest boxes but Im not bothered, so long as they are happy they can do what they like in thier little home. :)  :)
Only wish I had got chooks long ago.
They are out in this horrible rain we are getting - some feeding under the car, others in the front garden. They have access to thier pen and shed at all times so are free to come and go but under the very occasional eye of me.
They are called back to their big pen and shed when we go out then I know they are safe.
I did have concerns before getting them as hubby put shed right at end of dog kennel block and I thought the dogs would upfet em but I neednt have worried. They are all still alive after all those months and if anything, the girls strut  their stuff past the dogs - even the patterdale terrier  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tyke the lurcher/jack russell still keeps a watchful eye on the girls when they are in the front garden. Even the the poor postman has a job getting through the gate when the girls are out with Tyke as guard. :lol:  :lol:
It really would not pay to mess with the chickens when Tyke is about :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Live every day as your last - enjoy life and smile.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Belated Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 14:35 »
Hi yorkshirerose

All the people wondering if they should have some chickens sould read your post :D

You're having such a great time - how could anyone resist  :wink:

yorkshirerose

Belated Happy New Year
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 21:21 »
:D To all those that are wondering bout to get chooks - go ahead and get em - they are such great fun to look after - I wouldnt be without my girls.
Im still like an excited child going to the chook shed for the eggs. :lol:

Foxy

Belated Happy New Year
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 21:32 »
hello yorkshirerose!
Your chooks sound really happy and content-would love to see some pics! :lol:  :lol: Especially one of Tyke he sounds like a real character!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Belated Happy New Year
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 22:39 »
Absolutly :!:  :wink:  :lol:

xx
I am so Happy

Started by Nails on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 12, 2010, 09:13
by Flowerpower136
xx
not a happy hen

Started by T C on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 14, 2010, 15:41
by hillfooter
xx
Happy Days!

Started by wadz81 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 08, 2009, 12:58
by LittleRedHen
xx
I'm doing the Happy Hen Dance!!!

Started by Dabhand on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 09:37
by Wildeone

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 36 queries.