To be a profitable chilli farmer  :tongue2:

ptarmigan

Re: what's your 2016 dream?
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 07:59 »
To have a summer!

crh75

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28 »
How about a hot summer with light rain after I go to bed stopping just before I wake up.  :)

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 11:44 »
grow a cauliflower!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aled

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 14:39 »
Yes a lovely warm summer, with a 12hour downpour every 2-3weeks would suit my angling and gardening interests.
Cheers
Aled

jaydig

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 15:58 »
To be able to work my allotment without having to resort to enviromesh, bird netting and all other manner of defence mechanisms to protect my veg.  It takes me longer to de-construct and re-construct these when I'm picking veg or weeding and feeding than to do do the job at hand.  Ohhhh, the luxury of being able to pick strawberries without removing and replacing yards of netting!!

Paul Plots

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 23:22 »
Lovely thread with a great positive feel. Thanks NewShoot. Enjoyed reading through from the start.

Wish everyone good luck with their dreams.

Mine is simple: Good health for the rest of the family and me along with some free time. Still chasing it like the elusive butterfly. Not a lot of them about.

Ideally my dream:
Compost dug in for spring growing so the new patch is more productive then enough sunshine at the right time to get things growing. Not too much rain.

Nice to dream.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Goosegirl

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 11:03 »
For as good a harvest as I had last year, and to get some tasty dwarf French beans which were an unusual failure last year.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Trikidiki

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 19:35 »
The girl on the other half of my plot gives up so I can expand my domain. I have so many plans once I can get rid of her 'free range' raspberries.

Laurentius

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 20:01 »
Well if my plot would just dry out that would be a good thing right now. I dare not stand still on it lest I sink without trace into the mud.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 21:53 »
Enlarge my plot so that I can grow more and hopefully get some produce into the chest freezer that Mrs Tenhens recently purchased.

Repeat beetroot success of two years ago, last year was not very good.  Swede and parsnips success would be nice as would carrots. 

Last year was the first success with tomatoes after 3-4 years trying - superb flavour. Cucumber two years ago very good although I was sceptical as to why Mrs tenhens wanted to grow them, as is often the case Mrs Tenhens is usually right. Mix up with seeds we thinks last year not very good so looking forward to getting it right this year!!

All year round potatoes especially as the children love them.

Repeat last years feat of growing my first cauliflower, was well impressed even one of those brown slimy things came back to share in the success!! 
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Beekissed

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 03:39 »
Same as the OP...commit to more succession planting of lettuces, spinach, etc. and keep on planting through fall and winter, as we eat a lot of romaine in this house.  I'd also like to have a successful attempt at sweet onions this year.  Dreaming that all the work I put in last year pays off this year in the BTE garden and orchard with big, healthy crops.  Hope to dehydrate a lot of onions and garlic this year to use in cooking. 

Dreaming of a long hive or top bar hive of bees right now...still praying about that and will see if the Lord wills it.  Would like to bait in some bees and do this on the cheap if possible. 

Dreaming of lush, verdant green growth in the garden, full of blossoms, fruits and veggies and huge, sweet apples in abundance in the orchard.  Of many healthy chicks running after mamas on the land as next year's breeders, layers and meat supply grow fat on the abundant forage. 

Trikidiki

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 07:07 »
...........Dreaming of a long hive or top bar hive of bees right now...still praying about that and will see if the Lord wills it.  Would like to bait in some bees and do this on the cheap if possible. 

I have a 'Top Bar Hive' on my list of projects, but don't think it will happen this year.

engineer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2016, 13:10 »
My 2016 dream-------to be free from green, black and white fly, and of course all of the slugs. Weeds? Not bothered about them they can be controlled.  :D

Eblana

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 11:13 »
Be ready to start sowing/growing by March and to stay on top of the weeds.

My project for this year is a second plot which I hope to have half in production this year and the other half next year but that is all dependent on me being on top of things on the existing plot.  So far so good, I have done up a maintenance plan for Plot 1 and am a little ahead of where I should be at the moment so I have a little leeway should the weather deteriorate.

I also want to have no lengths of wood in the Polytunnel this year!!  I got my polytunnel 4 years ago and every year my OH has lengths of wood along the pathways in it for various projects (fencing, raised beds etc.).  I cannot understand why they have to be inside when ultimately they are going to be used outside but he says that it is so they are dry for cutting.  Last year I tripped and fell on one of them so I am working hard on getting them all used and out of there.

xx
i had a dream........

Started by hermon on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 14, 2007, 09:18
by richyrich7
xx
My first pumpkin örange dream´?

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2010, 20:10
by Yorkie
xx
Your 2016 successes

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 23, 2016, 22:54
by Swing Swang
xx
Blightwatch 2016

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post August 11, 2016, 20:42
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 36 queries.