I like the look of this
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:36 »
thermal shock weeder

For the Christmas present list, m'thinks  :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: I like the look of this
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 13:02 »
Anyone (guess who) who's bought a cheap 'gas wand' with disposable cartridges which not only leak the gas out when not in use, but cost more than the original item did will probably like the look of that.

Two drawbacks I can see - seems a high price for a heating element at the end of a stick, and the mere 3 metre cable has to be a joke (OK, I suppose most of us have extension cables but this device is supposed to make life easier!  ::)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Springlands

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 13:34 »
Looks interesting - I have never liked the thought of those gas canister wands - probably me just being chicken.  :)

andimac

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 14:46 »
When clearing out the garage a couple of years ago just after buying the house, I discovered an old (huge) pressurised weedkiller gun that looked like a flamethrower from WWII. I filled it with some sort of petrol stuff and pumped it up and although it nuked the weeds, it scared the life out of me!
I promptly put it back in its hiding place in the garage. The weeds came back and now I just try to pull them...

cadalot

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 14:48 »
So go and get your old Black and Decker paint stripper / Heat Gun out of the shed and fix it to a £1 broom handle so you don't have to bend, and save yourself £80

crh75

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 15:45 »
I saw one of those in our garden centre the other day, it was only £20!  Same make as well.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 29 queries.