Weeds!!

• 4 Replies

Uzzy

Weeds!!
« on: May 25, 2015, 20:02 »
Yes I know we all suffer from them some more that others and I sympathise with us all. I wish my plants grew as fast as my weeds !!

Right my issue is a boundary fence that one side is my allotment the other a bank,  pavement and road now although the council cut the grass verge at the top of the bank, they do not cut the bank so the boundary is a pain in the bum. My question is what can I do to stop the inundation of weeds through a chain link fence onto my plot with out employing a couple og pigmy's with machetes to keep it cut back.

Regards
Uzzy :wacko:

LotuSeed

Re: Weeds!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 21:53 »
I'm in a somewhat similar predicament and was considering putting up a fine mesh type windbreak fabric along my side of the fence.
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

ptarmigan

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 21:57 »
Same here and what I somewhat accidentally found that worked was planting a border of rather thuggish perennial geraniums. They act as a barrier and spread but in a restrained way.

3759allen

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 22:07 »
a bit of work but maybe sink paving slabs upright 3/4 in the ground and 1/4 above to stop spreading roots and cable tying thin ply or polythene/ tap material to try and stop the seed spreading.

with the paving slabs there you could prob use weed killer with out fear of the killer washing into your plot.

Uzzy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:48 »
Thank you for your ideas I do have some sheets of corugated iron against the fence my side which are about 3 foot high but its just rampant on the outside. I think I might attack it with a sickle and make a 2 foot wide area just keeping on top of it. Now where my sickle !!!!!

xx
Weeds, Weeds and more weeds (oh and couch grass)

Started by meriad on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 23, 2019, 17:10
by jaydig
xx
Weeds - Never ending weeds

Started by andyww2013 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 08, 2019, 20:35
by mumofstig
xx
Weeds

Started by Debbie on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 18, 2006, 14:22
by supersprout
angry
WEEDS.......

Started by Ozwytch on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 09:45
by azubah

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 36 queries.